Suzan G's Reviews > Napoli Unplugged Guide to Naples

Napoli Unplugged Guide to Naples by Bonnie Alberts

F 50x66
Feb 11, 2016

I usually go for another well crafted travel series of books for reading a great travel guide when about to go on vacation, but this one is such a fabulous encyclopedic guide to majestic Naples, Italy and the wonderful surrounding area, I would choose this book instead to carry with me , or to research ahead of my visit. Napoli Unplugged is pure treasure!
I am so happy to let everyone know about Napoli Unplugged and what a great read and well researched resource this book is. If you have never been to Napoli, have been and are returning or just want to dream about the chance to get there, buy this book and treat yourself. Make a cup of good Italian coffee and dream.

Naples, Italy has so much to offer in the way of history, grand art and architecture, amazing food, amazing people, beautiful festivals and wonderful surprises. Naples was the capital of Italy at one time and still shines with gilded grandeur. With Napoli Unplugged as a great guide you will never be lost and never lack for opportunities to find the best of all possible experiences in Naples.

This book is authored by several who live in Naples currently, and others who have lived there for years. Each section is packed with details one would never get in a travel book written by non-residents. also many daytrips are described along with city wide adventures, and not to be missed peeks.

There are lots of actual photographs along with maps,handy hints,all needed phone numbers and emergency information, and helpful websites listed in the book. Humor is essential to a great vacation and the guide is written with some funny anecdotal info and suggestions for playful events.

All neccessary transportation hub data is included along with all you need to find a wonderful place to eat, shop, sleep, worship and explore. I hope these authors decide to write about other areas of the world as they are unique and entertaining in this genre, yet completely researched and thorough. I like to curl up with this book on a day when I know I am in need of a good visit and dream of going back to the Campania region of Italy and the magical city of Napoli and surrounding delights.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Napoli Unplugged Guide to Naples.

January 1, 2015 – Started Reading