Eric's Reviews > Death's Heretic

Death's Heretic by James L. Sutter

bookshelves: audiobooks, fantasy
Recommended to Eric by: Paizo emailed me that it was available free on Audible
Recommended for: Anyone interested in a new spin on fantasy spin using the Pathfinder RPG archetypes

I was only made aware of this audiobook -- and the Pathfinder Tales series in general -- because Pathfinder publisher Paizo emailed me letting me know it was available for free on Audible.

Well, their promotional strategy was a definite success, as I really enjoyed this novel, and would definitely read another Pathfinder Tales novel -- especially another audiobook from the creative team of author James Sutter and narrator Ray Porter. Seriously, Porter's narration is among the best I've ever heard, and especially chilling when he's voicing angels and demons.

Speaking to this novel, it is set in the Pathfinder role-playing universe, in a very specific land with a distinct Arabian flavor. This made the novel both familiar enough to be accessible and differentiated enough to be interesting. Anyone who has enjoyed the DragonLance and/or Forgotten Realms novels from the Dungeons & Dragons universe will likely enjoy this a great deal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death's Heretic.

February 11, 2016 – Started Reading