Lustful Literature's Reviews > Always Room for Cupcakes

Always Room for Cupcakes by Bethany Lopez

DEBBIE'S REVIEW

This book started off fantastic. The first page had me hooked. I loved how spunky Lila was. Her good for nothing husband or as Lila refers to him as “The Douche” really wronged her. After Lila finds him cheating on her she leaves his sorry ass and becomes a photographer for a P.I. guy named Moose. Lila was the one that crawled in bushes to catch cheaters in the act.

“Being a wronged woman myself, I didn’t feel guilty about catching liars and cheaters in the act.”

“No one really suspects a single mother of twins who drives a minivan and has an ongoing love affair with cupcakes to be sneaking around and capturing their bad deeds on camera.”

After a close run in with a not to friendly person that Lila was trying to catch a photos of, Lila is saved by a badass motorcycle guy who is truly one hot alpha male. This is where the story started to not sit so well with me. I felt that Cade’s character wasn’t developed enough. He just apprears out of no where and all of a sudden is deeply in love with Lila. It felt a little rushed between these two. I would of liked to have seen their relationship grow a little more. I also felt the ending needed more closure too. It left me with unanswered questions.

I really loved Lila’s best friend Amy May. I felt she added the perfect layer to this book and had me laughing out loud several times.

“Absolutely, girl, you deserve this. After everything you’ve been through, you deserve to have a man who’ll fuck you like it’s his job.”

Overall I really enjoyed this book and loved the banter between all the characters. I liked the idea of a former housewife turning into a badass private investigator. There was some suspense in this book that had me sitting at the edge of my seat too. I just wish it were a little longer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Room for Cupcakes.

Finished Reading