Joan's Reviews > How it Works: The Husband

How it Works by Jason Hazeley

11965438

The best thing about this book, and the others in the series, is that the illustrations are taken from original Ladybird reading books.

The 'reading matter' is typically British 'dry' humour with some wonderfully perceptive writing about the everyday life of 'The Husband'

Not cheap, but worth it, even if its just to remember those fabulous illustrations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How it Works.

Started Reading
February 11, 2016 – Shelved
February 11, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Meep (new)

Meep I've got the 'Mindfulness' book, it was nice to recognise some of the pics and love the humour as you say it's wonderfully perceptive. And funny.

Joan But aren't they expensive! I wanted the Mindfulness book, AND The Shed one, but limited myself to he Husband and The Wife ;)

message 3: by Meep (new)

Meep Santa-hubby brought me the Mindfulness book, I'm itching to get a few more but yes very pricey. I might get hubby one for Valentines ;)
Not seen The Shed one, sounds like it might be good for my dad :D

Joan I am tempted by The Mum one. I had loads and loads of Ladybird books when my children were young. And I remember some of the illustrations from those books. (I feel old)

Valentines! Great excuse to buy spousal unit another one! :)

message 5: by Meep (new)

Meep We had stacks as kids, they got passed on from one family to another. My children are the furry kind so no books for them ;)

Exactly, buy it for them, and you have it to read - works for me!

Joan My granddaughter enjoys reading 'The Husband' and 'The Wife' and she is 7 ;)