Nicole's Reviews > Rock Hard

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

I admit it, I enjoy a good erotica now and then. The problem with that is that it's hard to find a GOOD erotica. Most are bad, some are just okay and the percentage of erotica that's actually good is extremely small. In most cases, the characters are thin and the plot is almost nonexistent. I've been asked why I don't just give up on the genre altogether and this author, this book, is the perfect reason why.

I admit it, I discovered this author about a week ago. When I read Backstage Pass, I was in awe. The instant I finished it, I wanted to read it all over again. I moaned and groaned because I hated to wait almost a month for Rock Hard to be released. When I saw that it was shipping early from Amazon, I jumped on it so fast my head spun. And when it came in the mail, I picked it up and didn't put it back down until I'd finished it.

Rock Hard is, in a word, amazing. Not just amazing for an erotica book, but amazing for the romance genre as a whole. It drags you in from the first sentence and it just doesn't let you go. The entire book is a roller coaster of emotions and the drama factor is extremely high. I feel like I know these characters, they're so three dimensional for me that they're practically tangible. I left the book feeling utterly satisfied and yet still yearning for more. I loved Sed and Jessica, I felt like I was a cheerleader on the sidelines, cheering them on. They both had their problems and had their faults, but they were just perfect for each other. I'm glad that their book was one of the first in the series, so that I'm sure I can expect a lot more of the two of them in the future.

Olivia Cunning has a serious talent, something that's extremely rare in a fairly new author. Though I suspected it after reading Backstage Pass, this time I know: This author is going places. She's going to be someone big. I'm just happy that I've discovered her so early on so that I can share the love. It might be a long wait until we finally get the next book, but at least I have this book to read over and over again while I wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Hard.

Started Reading
March 14, 2011 – Finished Reading
March 15, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Carolin I couldn't agree more. :D

Judi Fennell Oh, Nicole, you should see what else she has that hasn't been published yet. Just you wait! You'll be a fan for life!

Sara Humphreys It's next in my TBR pile!!! LOVE Olivia's work.

Vivian Shipping early? Crikeys!