Mansi's Reviews > The Crown

The Crown by Kiera Cass

liked it
bookshelves: read-2016, completed-series, ya-dystopian-series

Okay this book a definite improvement over the previous one. But this one was so uneventful and convenient that i just didn't care anymore.
Nothing really happened in The Crown. To be honest, I thought this book was such a waste because nothing worthy or significant occurred.
Eadlyn was less of a brat in this book but I'm still not very fond of her. On top of that, I thought it was absolutely ridiculous that Maxon stepped down and gave up his title for Eadlyn to rule. That was by far the most unrealistic thing I've ever heard.
I also felt that the ending was really rushed. Too many things were resolved too quickly and too easily that added to the unrealism that I was struggling with.
On a positive note, I did enjoy the fact that Eadlyn's choice broke away from tradition. Was her choice a surprise? No, not really. From the very beginning, I knew it would come down to one specific person but I was curious as to how Kiera Cass was going to make it happen.
In all honesty, I should've just stopped after the third book. I don't want to say that The Heir and The Crown ruined The Selection series for me but in a way it did. Instead of believing that everybody lived happily ever after once Maxon and America became king and queen and the caste system was eliminated, The Heir just sort of wipes that all away like happily ever after never even happened.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown.

February 11, 2016 – Shelved