Mollie Katie's Reviews > The Night Bookmobile

The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger

Mar 15, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2010, reviewed, reviewed-on-blog, favorites

For this Fearless Friday, I’m venturing into a genre I don’t ordinarily read: the graphic novel. I love art, I love all things visual, how they provoke me. But I think I’ve always preferred the written word over the illustrated version because the worlds I imagined in my head were always superior. My only previous experience in this genre is with Watchmen by Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons…unless you count a minor obsession with Wonder Woman’s representation in comics over the years (the creator’s wife went to Mount Holyoke College so we have a lot of archival materials on the subject), which I don’t. So when I read the synopsis of this book online, I immediately thought it would be a good choice for this whole Fearless Friday project. Enough of a change to be interesting, but a subject close enough that I could definitely relate to it. (I’m not a big sci-fi person either and the graphic novels I was browsing before all kind of seem to lean that way. Am I wrong in that generalization? I’m very earthy, thank you very much.) And hey, SPOILER ALERT for the rest of my review! (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Bookmobile.