Kai's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
41788524
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: 2016, owned, pottershelf

"Hogwarts is a big place."
"Big. Wonderful. Full of food. I’d give anything to be going back."


Final official review of the script and the play:
I've read the book first. You can't expect me to wait 4 days and not read a book that has the name J. K. Rowling on it.
I was disappointed for several reason. Because I'm keeping the secrets let's cloak it in a (view spoiler)

The play though. It exceeded expectations. Actually, it was outstanding. So GOOD even after everything that disappointed me in the book. Just jaw-droppingly mind-blowing on every scale there is. Fantastic and scary and funny and lovely and just so very magical.
If you want more details read the (view spoiler)
One of the most amazing things is that the actors actually took their time to sign loads and loads of books and photographs after the play (apart from Harry that is). They're all friendly and fun and just super nice.
(And call me dead cause living and breathing Helena Bonham Carter and Bonnie Wright did that living and breathing thing just an armlength away from me. Sincerely, me, dead.)

In a nutshell: This play is supposed to be watched and not read. Therefore I'll give it 5 stars. This was the ultimate Potter experience and I'm the happiest and luckiest person on earth. Everyone should be able to see it.

______

Update 04/07/2016: THAT PLAY THAT WICKED PLAY KILLED ME. It's pure incredible magic, I (solemnly) swear. Never in my life have I seen something this amazing on stage.

______

YOU KNOW WHAT?

30/07/2016: World Premiere of the Cursed Child
31/07/2016: Release of the Cursed Child
03/08/2016: Me. London. West End. Second Row. Cursed Child.

It's safe to say IM FREAKING OUT

Find more of my books on Instagram
579 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

February 10, 2016 – Shelved
February 10, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 12, 2016 – Shelved as: desperate-to-read
July 30, 2016 –
28.0% "I ship it"
July 31, 2016 – Started Reading
July 31, 2016 –
50.0% "Never ever ever"
July 31, 2016 –
75.0% "Nope"
July 31, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016
July 31, 2016 – Shelved as: owned
August 1, 2016 – Finished Reading
January 15, 2017 – Shelved as: pottershelf

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)


message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it also safe to say how JEALOUS WE ARE.


message 2: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Christian wrote: "Is it also safe to say how JEALOUS WE ARE."

Ha, well...oops. :D


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Is it also safe to say how JEALOUS WE ARE."

Ha, well...oops. :D"


So lucky, man.


message 4: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Christian wrote: "Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Is it also safe to say how JEALOUS WE ARE."

Ha, well...oops. :D"

So lucky, man."


My brain still can't grasp the reality of it all...


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Is it also safe to say how JEALOUS WE ARE."

Ha, well...oops. :D"

So lucky, man."

My brain still can't grasp the reality of it all..."


Excited for you, tbh.


message 6: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Christian wrote: "Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Is it also safe to say how JEALOUS WE ARE."

Ha, well...oops. :D"

So lucky, man."

My brain still can't grasp the reality of it all..."
..."


Thanks. Not sure if I should read the book before or after watching the play though.


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Kai wrote: "Christian wrote: "Is it also safe to say how JEALOUS WE ARE."

Ha, well...oops. :D"

So lucky, man."

My brain still can't grasp the real..."


Nah, you should just watch it first. For me, at least.


message 8: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai

My brain still can't gr..."


I won't be able to wait till I see it. I'll just have to read it. All the temptation...


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai wrote: "

My brain still can't gr..."

I won't be able to wait till I see it. I'll just have to read it. All the temptation..."


Yeah, that would work. Read it and then see what it'll look like on stage!


Cassandra wait... 2015... isn't this 2016? Or are they selling timeturners that actually work this time? (please can I have one if so)


message 11: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Cassandra wrote: "wait... 2015... isn't this 2016? Or are they selling timeturners that actually work this time? (please can I have one if so)"

Whoops, my bad!


message 12: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Kai wrote: "

My brain still can't gr..."

I won't be able to wait till I see it. I'll just have to read it. All the temptation..."


That's what I will do :)


message 13: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Agh so lucky it's not going to be in America


message 14: by P (new) - rated it 3 stars

P I was shocked seeing you rated this book and thought it was already out. Lol


message 15: by Farith (new) - added it

Farith Lucky! Enjoy it :)


message 16: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Maria (Netherreads) wrote: "Agh so lucky it's not going to be in America"

Yeah, they already have HP World, and the new movie trilogy. That's enough.


message 17: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai P wrote: "I was shocked seeing you rated this book and thought it was already out. Lol"

I normally don't rate books before their release date, cause you never know how good it'll really be. But this is JK Rowling so I know for sure it'll be better than I expected.


message 18: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Farith wrote: "Lucky! Enjoy it :)"

I completely and utterly will! Thanks :)


message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael I hope it is good to


message 20: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai It will be. I have 0 doubts about it


message 21: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Amanda wrote: "Good luck ur lucky"

Still can't believe my luck...


Chelsea Gouin Not to be a bubble burster, but JK didn't write this. She collaborated some ideas but honestly it's just fanfiction. Rowling gave it the thumbs up but it's in no way her work which makes me really skeptical about it.


message 23: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Chelsea wrote: "Not to be a bubble burster, but JK didn't write this. She collaborated some ideas but honestly it's just fanfiction. Rowling gave it the thumbs up but it's in no way her work which makes me really ..."

I don't think you can call it a "fanfiction". Rowling, Thorne and Tiffany worked on this project together, from start to end and I know that she had a big influence on this play. She would have never given her own story away like this if she wasn't 100% commited to its credibility. And I mean, she didn't. She is part of the team that brought and still works on bringing the Cursed Child to life. There's a lot of herself in this story, I'm sure, and I have zero doubts that it will be everything I've wished for and more.


ℛ a ℂ ℎ ℯ ℓ ♥️ I'm so jealous of u right now XD


message 25: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai ✨R a c h e l✨ wrote: "I'm so jealous of u right now XD"

Well...I'd be jealous of myself too :D


ℛ a ℂ ℎ ℯ ℓ ♥️ Kai wrote: "✨R a c h e l✨ wrote: "I'm so jealous of u right now XD"

Well...I'd be jealous of myself too :D"


Lol I knew u were going to say that! That's exactly what I would say if this conversation was reversed XD I'm trying to read all the books again but I'm not going to be done by the end of this month XD I forgot how much more I love the books then the movies! (I love both but the books have so much more in them)!


message 27: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai ✨R a c h e l✨ wrote: "Kai wrote: "✨R a c h e l✨ wrote: "I'm so jealous of u right now XD"

Well...I'd be jealous of myself too :D"

Lol I knew u were going to say that! That's exactly what I would say if this conversati..."


I'm rereading them as well, but I'm basically always rereading them nonstop. And I love both, movies and books of course, but the books are so much better, I think no movie could ever capture it whole :)


Lauren Newbold Have fun in London ! I saw the play last month and can't wait for the book =D


message 29: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Can't believe I'll see it so soon!


message 30: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Brielle Wow that is so amazing! This will be an amazing play for sure! I hope it goes exactly how it is described! Have fun!


message 31: by Kai (new)

Kai If Kai liked it, it must be good.


message 32: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Emma wrote: "Wow that is so amazing! This will be an amazing play for sure! I hope it goes exactly how it is described! Have fun!"

I'm sure the play will blow my mind. I only heard amazing things about it


message 33: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Kai wrote: "If Kai liked it, it must be good."

It's alright. There's quite a few details that I disapprove of. But I want to wait and form a proper opinion after seeing it on stage.


message 34: by Shivaraj (new) - added it

Shivaraj K His son albus severus on the trail.......


message 35: by Shivaraj (new) - added it

Shivaraj K It would be fantastic


message 36: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Shivaraj wrote: "His son albus severus on the trail......."

On the trail?


Greta I want to know your thoughts about the play! :D


message 38: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Greta wrote: "I want to know your thoughts about the play! :D"

Give me a few days and I'll post everything right in this review :)


Maureen As I was reading this play, I kept thinking to myself how amazing this will be on stage. Truly jealous. I hope it is as awesome as I imagine it will be. Hope you love it.


message 40: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Maureen wrote: "As I was reading this play, I kept thinking to myself how amazing this will be on stage. Truly jealous. I hope it is as awesome as I imagine it will be. Hope you love it."

Thanks, I'm 100% sure I will :)


heather ||-// enjoy yourself, but not too much because i'm jealous enough, as is. :)


Closet Readers I am so jealous it hurts have fun :)


message 43: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai I so absolutely did, I'm in love


message 44: by Koen (new)

Koen Good to hear it is as amazing as I thought'd it be on stage while reading the script. Amazingly jealous though haha :D


Gracie really lucky


Natasha How I wish they will do a world tour on this play so everyone could see it SO JEALOUS


Molly I was there on the 3rd of August too - it's hard to put into words, isn't it? The sense of community in the audience was just incredible. Reading the script doesn't do it justice, not even a little bit❤️


message 48: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Natasha wrote: "How I wish they will do a world tour on this play so everyone could see it SO JEALOUS"

Koen wrote: "Good to hear it is as amazing as I thought'd it be on stage while reading the script. Amazingly jealous though haha :D"

It's more amazing than anything you can imagine Koen :D
And man a world tour would be nice. I'm already jealous of all the people who get to see it...even though I've seen it. But I really want to go again!


message 49: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Molly wrote: "I was there on the 3rd of August too - it's hard to put into words, isn't it? The sense of community in the audience was just incredible. Reading the script doesn't do it justice, not even a little..."

I know, I can't really describe it. It was just magical.


Daveyreads you must be brain dead to call that hopeless attempt of a plot amazing


« previous 1
back to top