Tiffany Readz's Reviews > Between the Bleeding Willows

Between the Bleeding Willows by D.A. Roach

bookshelves: not-what-i-expected, ya

This is the second D.A. Roach book I have read and again, she has successfully taken me out of my comfort zone and I enjoyed it. Not a huge reader of YA books, however with hers, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I was hooked from chapter one of Between the Bleeding Willows and stayed that way until the very end.

"Bound to both heaven and hell-yet not at the same time." ~ Serena

That pretty much sums up what Cassidy is now facing. After losing her grandmother and boyfriend Jace in a short period of time, Cassidy decides to go back to Jase's accident scene to retrieve her mother's ring as it's the only thing she has left of her family. Upon finding the ring, Cassidy finds herself in a world she never believed existed and is absolutely shocked at it's newest edition.

Accidentally entering the demon realm, Cassidy surprises herself as well at the Clan leader Killian at surviving the transition. She shouldn't have made it through the gates unharmed, which makes him very suspicious. However, Killian has other things on his mind, such as who is releasing demons and how to keep his clan safe. The action only amps up from here.

The review is vague as to not spoil any of the story line, but the book is not. D.A. Roach opened my eyes to paranormal once again and I am glad for it. Between the Bleeding Willows was well written, with excellent detail that leapt off of the pages. I will patiently be waiting for book two, it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Team Killian right here!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Bleeding Willows.

February 10, 2016 – Shelved