Josh's Reviews > To the Devil, My Regards

To the Devil, My Regards by Anthony Neil Smith

Mar 14, 2011

bookshelves: own, kindle, private_detective, read_2011

'To The Devil, My Regards' is a slice of noir severed ice cold, splattered with warm blood and topped with a sprinkling of humor. The protagonist, Z. Z. Delpresto is a local gumshoe who makes his living spying on cheating spouses and getting punched in the face more often than not. In his latest case, DelPresto finds himself enthralled in a family drama that gets bloody very quick. The waters ever murky due to the fact he's having relations with the 17y/o daughter Rachel of the his client; the cheating spouse, her mother. However, this alone is just the beginning as the adultery takes a backseat to murder with DelPresto named the prime suspect. Accused by cops, nearly killed by hit-men, and seduced by shady women, the path to truth isn't an easy one. Victor Gischler, and coauthor Anthony Neil Smith have crafted a gem of a novella filled with memorable characters, pulp orientated plot and down right funny dialogue - 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Devil, My Regards.

March 14, 2011 – Shelved