Kimberly Vanderbloom's Reviews > Between the Bleeding Willows

Between the Bleeding Willows by D.A. Roach

I was given an advanced reading copy in exchange for a honest review.

I have been doing a countdown for this book to release. I've read the synopsis and saw the teasers. The anticipation was going to kill me. I was given the opportunity to get my hands on a early copy and I had to sweep it up. I admired the cover because it is gorgeous. I can't get over the title. Between the Bleeding Willows. There is something special about willows trees for me. Since I was a little girl they always represented magic and reading. I couldn't wait to crack it up.

Once I cracked it open I got to met the main character Cassidy. The first paragraph got me hooked and I knew I was in for a adventure. The story was well paced and had twists and turns. The ending will leave you with a bit of cliffhanger which I think I have figured out. I was in love with her right away. I had tears in my eyes within the first few chapters. I instantly felt connected to her. She is a complex character and you get to enjoy the raw emotions she experiences. It will pull on strings. A little bit later we met Killian. Now for everyone out there he is my new book boyfriend and you can't have him. He is dark, mysterious, and thoughtful demon hunter. He makes the perfect man for me. He is also a bit complex because he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. It was interesting to get his point of view and Cassidy as well. I loved all the secondary characters with Casper being my favorite because of his love for books. Now my favorite moment was when Cassidy kissed Casper. It was hilarious and well planned.

Overall I fell in love with the series and plan on reading every book that comes out. It is written by a author who is a master storyteller. If you enjoy magic, love, heart break, courage, selflessness,tenderness and unforgettable characters then I would recommend this book for you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Bleeding Willows.

February 10, 2016 – Shelved
February 10, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 18, 2016 – Started Reading
February 18, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz DiBenedetto I just received this for review and haven't been able to put it down. I'm loving it so far!!!

Kimberly Vanderbloom I loved it