Shannon's Reviews > The Confession of Katherine Howard

Mar 14, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: early-reviewers
Read from March 14 to 17, 2011

The author tells her story backwards starting from when Katherine Howard is a queen and then going back to the first time Cathryn meets Katherine. Then she goes back even further to when Cathryn first moves into a duchess' home and complains about how poor the home is. Then goes forward just a little bit to right before she meets Katherine. After that, it describes how Katherine and Cathryn know each other for a long time, but don't really have a deep or caring relationship.

A good part of the book was about tittering schoolgirls and I seriously considered not finishing. The girls didn't even have any depth to them. There wasn't much substance or excitement until after 1/3 of the way through the book when the author drops the "f" bomb and everything after that is about acquiring/hiding/getting away with sex.

It was a struggle to finish for me. The "close friends" didn't even care about each other. I didn't find much to push the story forward. I thought the author rambled and was fond of using too many dashes in her writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Confession of Katherine Howard.