Melanie's Reviews > Surrender at the Border

Surrender at the Border by Risa Leigh

I found myself all into the suspense of this story to where I could not put it down until I was finished. The fact that Callie is so head strong and independent doesn't help when B.J. is trying to help protect her from the person that Callie thinks is a friendly acquaintance. The characters were well developed and the story flowed really well. Risa Leigh did a great job with this one.

B.J. is an ATF Agent that is in the middle of trying to bust some illegal selling of guns to cartel members. When B.J. and his people get a clue that one of the people living in their town is using the library to make sales of a popular gun that the cartel is seeking, they go to tell Callie, who works at the library.

Callie is recovering from her husband being killed in the line of duty as an officer. Although there is some shady business surrounding his death, Callie is still holding out hope that B.J. and his men can uncover the truth. Callie has moved back home and is working at the library. When Karl, an old acquaintance, comes into the library requesting to use the computers, Callie thinks nothing about it and lets him. Little does she know that he is the one that is doing the selling to the cartel. Callie also realizes that Karl is all the sudden very interested with her as well and is even going on stalker tendencies with some of the things that he is doing. When B.J. and Callie begin to put the pieces together, they know they have their man, but before they can catch Karl, he has his men kidnap them. How will Callie and B.J. escape Karl's men, especially when the cartel gets involved??

This was a story full of suspense and some romance. I love the way that Risa Leigh incorporated it all together and made such a great story. When B.J. has to tell Callie that he also thinks that Karl is the one that killed her husband, he is not sure how Callie is going to handle all of this. B.J. shows great care with Callie and I love how he took care of her during their tying times and helped her along the way. Of course that was his job, but he went above and beyond. Thanks for a great story Risa and I can't wait for more from you in the near future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender at the Border.

Started Reading