Samantha's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany

did not like it

After years of wishing and waiting........AT LAST! My precious!! *said in Gollum voice*

UPDATED after reading: NO NO NO NO. Terrible writing I can let slide (it's a play so I would expect the acting to salvage that) but the plot was pointless, the characters were, well, out of character, and it felt
Horrible like bad fan fiction....no

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

February 10, 2016 – Shelved
February 10, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 3, 2016 – Started Reading
August 3, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

Reem Ahahahaha the Gollum tho

message 2: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Magner HAHAHA

message 3: by N.KH (new) - added it

N.KH # Lol

Becca Lol wrong fandom!

Everlaine (BookCaptain) I'm so nervous to read this!

Kayleigh Agreed. It was really bad.

message 7: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I'm nervous! EEEK. Better in play form, possibly?

Clementine it was horrible, cheesy as fuck, just no. Can't wait to see your review on youtube

message 9: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle The entire thing is just embarrassing

message 10: by Jamie (new) - rated it 1 star

Jamie Millard Couldn't agree more.

Vanessa Why is it and writing to you? I feel screenplays just sound different. I've only read 30 pages so I'm just wondering! Thanks!

message 12: by Raciel (new)

Raciel jasper forsythe the plot got leaked months ago and i saw that it was really just a jaunty re-write of my immortal. save your money and go watch (my) immortal the webseries (which is fucking fantastic)

message 13: by Richard (new) - added it

Richard There are a bunch (bad, nonsensical) time-travel movies from the 1990's where people travel back in time to save the town or whatever and they get tossed in jail but then they use their one phone call to contact their past self to have the past self spring themselves out of jail. Total malarkey. This plot is the same. When Albus vanishes on account of Harry Potter being dead, that should have caused the Time Turner to vanish too. And where is the "evil" Scorpious in that universe? It's as bad as Time Cop!

message 14: by Graff (new) - added it

Graff Fuller Okay, I just got this book...so now what do I do? Some love it, but a number of people that I trust DO NOT LIKE it. Here goes nothing. I will read it [cringingly].

Malissa Bishop Characters were probably out of character because they had grown. I am 28 I am not the same person I was 10 years ago at 18.

Ⓐℳⓨ (Ⓐh-ℳeⓨ) ♔♔Queen of fat cats ♔♔ DIE YOUNG ADULT GENRE DIE!♔♔ I agree with what you say but still rated 5. Scorpius and the bookquotes made up for the OCC moments.

Kailey (BooksforMKs) Just watched your video review, and I completely agree with everything you said. I was able to enjoy it in the moment, but on reflection, there were just so many problems with the entire story. Sad.

Mark Samantha, I completely agree with your thoughts. I also felt like the whole book read like a bad fan-fiction. It's beyond me why JK would allow her name to be attached to this book. I hope in the future it is not considered canon.

message 19: by Athanasia (new)

Athanasia complete disappointment! that's the word describing fully this book

Julia Please read my review! :)

Gabriela Preach... I cringed all the way through it. I get that it's a play, but if it was this bad they shouldn't have released it as a book. Also, it was based on an original novel written by JK, was it not? I feel like she might have shot herself on the foot by not releasing her own version of this.

Hannah Weiss You, my friend, received a like for your Lord of the Rings reference.

message 23: by Yongyoon (new)

Yongyoon People gave it 5 stars. I don't know what your shtick is.

message 24: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader Sammy gave it 1 stars, I don't know what your shtick is. I'm glad she still has her own brain to think for herself, very sad when someone's brain stops working to thinking critically for themselves.

muffin bubble Ya Agreed

Haytham Reid The shift in moods is killing me.

Hannah I know.
(see my other reviews for a full concept of how horrible it was.