Em's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Mar 14, 2011

liked it
Read from July 02 to 06, 2011

Overall . . . somewhat disappointing. I've never expected very much from Clare in the way of writing quality, but this book lacked the mystery and action that I loved so much in her other books.

It was basically just a drawn-out character exploration, with every character taking time to analyze their feelings in depth. Throughout the book I found myself wanting to grab the characters by the shoulders and shake them and yell "What are you doing?!" "Why don't you just [insert more sensible solution here]!"

About half-way through the book, she seems to remember that a story needs a plot, and works one in. And the plot was okay, if predictable. The gay agenda showed up again.

Certain previous villains resurfaced. Lilith was moderately scary, but--as with Valentine--the name made her kind of funny instead of scary. The ending was SO lame. Cliff-hangers usually kill me inside, but this one just sort of made me groan and dread the next book.

I'm so glad I didn't buy it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.