Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)'s Reviews > Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

This book was okay. It wasn't terribly bad, but it wasn't great either and yes, I feel as though the movie would probably be better. I didn't feel as though this book was as effective as it could've been - this was just so bland. The characters were flat, they could've been so much better developed. I didn't feel much towards anything, really. I think that the idea is good but to me, I kept feeling as though I'd missed out on things - the book could've easily been double the length. The lack of ending wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but I'm annoyed that we never actually got to find out who the wolf was and things haven't been rounded up. I feel as though another book, if not a series, is needed to complete and improve upon this.

EDIT - Now I've read the 'bonus chapter', I do feel a bit better about the book. The ending was reasonably good, but far too predictable - I predicted the wolf to be who it was almost from the beginning and the consequences weren't surprising, either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Riding Hood.

March 14, 2011 – Shelved
April 27, 2012 – Shelved as: books-i-own

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by Nicola (new) - added it

Nicola I will read it and give you my verdict.

Ashley The movie is awesome. i have it on blu ray and i love it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie is great. We just watched it for the second time.

Danielle Yeah the books characters were a bit :( but it was okay overall...I agree with u

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen McGrath I haven't read the book yet, but the movie is great especially on the big screen, made me put the book on my TBR shelf.

Chloe Agree totally with this review. I need to watch the film I think..