Andy Holloman's Reviews > Sleeping with Patty Hearst

Sleeping with Patty Hearst by Mary Lambeth Moore

Mar 14, 2011

Read in March, 2011

I was initially skeptical that this novel would hold my attention as it is not in a genre that I typically read, but boy was I wrong. Mary Lambeth Moore has woven a delightful tale with characters that tingle with personality, humor, and charm. Every time I finished a session reading the novel, my thoughts wandered back to the characters and what would happen next. Because I grew up in a small NC town in the 70's, I felt as if I was thrust back into that wonderful, innocent world again. I delighted in the trials and tribulations that the main character (Lilly) faced and she tried to navigate a world that, as a teenager, she was barely able to understand. When her sister (Connie) leaves her alone with their mother (Lorraine), Lilly's desperate search to find her sister kept me truly engaged at every turn of each page. Ms. Moore's use of the Patty Hearst saga that was unfolding at the same time was an incredibly intelligent device to allow the two sisters to "breakout" of their humdrum small town world and dream of a life on the run.

I wholeheartedly recommend Ms. Moore's novel to anyone that enjoys a well-crafted story, populated with people that are immensely entertaining, funny, and moving. Rush out today and buy this novel and be sure to tell a friend. I can't wait to read more of Ms. Moore's work. Hope it doesn't take too long for the next one to appear on the bookshelves.

....AH, Apex, NC
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping with Patty Hearst.