Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Stone-Cold Fox

Feb 08, 2016

it was ok
bookshelves: 2-stars, bought, novellas

~ 2 Stone-Cold Stars ~

Stone-Cold Fox is a short quick read that takes place in the same world as the Black Dog series by Hailey Edwards.

If you have not read the Black Dog series then you should pick it up first. Mai is introduced to us in Dog with a Bone.

Mai is Thierry's friend. She is also a strong independent women who has this drive to find her true mate, but doesn't understand why she keeps searching so hard. Ryuu I didn't like the guy, but we really don't get to know him.

To start I don't like how this story begins with Mai being kidnapped. Not a way to win your mate over. I felt that Mai deserved so much better then Ryuu. He didn't handle things correctly and then close to the end he does a big no no, which hurts Mai deeply. Mai and Ryuu also don't get a chance to grow closer together or to know each other. It's like the story is an introduction to "How I Meet Your Mother (Mate)," but with all the wrong things happening. I just can't see these two together.

The one thing I enjoyed the most was Thierry. She is there to help and support her friend in what every decision she makes. She also brings a little levity to a bad situation.

Stone-Cold Fox left me in the cold. I picked it up; because Mai has become a character I have come to love from the Black Dog series. I wanted to read her HEA, but I was disappointed in this short story and sad that it did not have the elements I have come to enjoy and love from this author.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone-Cold Fox.

February 8, 2016 – Shelved
March 10, 2016 – Shelved as: bought
March 10, 2016 – Shelved as: novellas
March 10, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Molly (new) - added it

Molly Mortensen What was the big no no that Ryuu committed towards the end? Thanks!

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Molly wrote: "What was the big no no that Ryuu committed towards the end? Thanks!"

Do you really want to know??? (view spoiler)

message 3: by Molly (new) - added it

Molly Mortensen Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) wrote: "Molly wrote: "What was the big no no that Ryuu committed towards the end? Thanks!"

Do you really want to know??? [spoilers removed]"

Yes, I did. I like to prepare myself for the bad lol. Thank you very much!