Andrew Breslin's Reviews > Jaws

Jaws by Peter Benchley

Reviewing a book that was made into a movie over 30 years ago and which almost everyone has seen already seems a little pointless. On the other hand I don’t need to post a spoiler alert. If you are somehow unaware of the plot of Jaws, then it doesn’t matter if I give it away, because--I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this--you have Alzheimer’s disease. Yes, it’s a shame. There there.

But even if you already know exactly what is going to happen, this is still a thrilling, chilling read. You should not tackle it while wearing nice pants. In fact, you should probably borrow some Depends from one of those people who doesn’t know what happens at the end. Yeah, a lot of people thought “scare the shit out of you” was just a figure of speech, but who’s scrubbing their drawers with a bucket of undiluted bleach trying to remove that nasty stain now, huh?

Assuming you do not have a medical propensity toward incontinence, and are not planning on going swimming in the ocean anytime soon (within the next decade or so), and you want to read a scary, suspenseful thriller, then this is going to be one terrifyingly entertaining treat. Now, for those of you who don’t already know what happens: you have Alzheimer’s. It’s a shame. There there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jaws.

Finished Reading
March 13, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Lia (new)

Lia You should also check out "The beast" by the same author - just as good I believe :)

message 2: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Awesome review! You are hilarious. You have made me want to read this book.

Andrew Breslin Thanks!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Aye matey.....almost pissed meself readin' this review...mgc

Andrew Breslin Thanks, Michael. Sorry I almost made you piss yourself. I could send you a case of Depends, if you think that would help . . .

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Naw....don't bother about the Depends. I only piss meself when I laugh too hard, drink too much whisky, or dive from heights above 40'. I would add when I get a hole-in-one....but I haven't got one yet....so I don't really know about that....mgc

Andy Funny I was just reviewing the same book and I also read it over 25 years ago (when I snuck it off my parent's bookshelf).

I just thought it was funny you wrote a review that long after you read it as I was doing...

Andrew Breslin Ha ha, other guy named Andy. Yes, I sometimes review books I read decades ago, too. Thanks for your input and have a great day.

message 9: by Brent (new)

Brent I never watched Jaws. :)

Minecraftal O
It won't let me read

Andrew Breslin I'm afraid I do not understand that message. There should be a little "more" button that reveals the rest of the text, which is initially hidden, if that it is what you are referring to. Thanks and have a great day. :)

message 12: by Max (new) - rated it 3 stars

Max Thanks a bunch! Terrific and hilarious review! It alone evoked a compulsion to read the book again so I'm re-reading it now.

Andrew Breslin Thanks very much! It makes my day when someone enjoys my reviews. It is a great book. Enjoy and have a great day!

message 14: by lance (new)

lance I just finished it and felt the exact same. great review

Andrew Breslin Joy wrote: "I just finished it and felt the exact same. great review"

Thanks!

Douglas read it years ago seen the film years ago .so think i will read it now see if it still blows up up..