Tory Michaels's Reviews > Boiling Point

Boiling Point by Tessa Bailey

Feb 08, 2016

This was a great book, probably my favorite in the Crossing the Line series from Ms. Bailey.

Austin - wow, he's a gorgeous man who definitely throws himself into his work. I loved the whole "he was a con man redeeming himself" (basically) idea. He's using his talents for disguises and doing good with it now.

Polly - sweet, driven girl who's definitely broken some rules, but I get why she became the way she is, and I loved that she's a female hacker. I mean, c'mon. Ultimate geek (for me), if you put aside the whole "breaking the law" thing.

The growing romance between the two of them went at a very nice pace. I liked how Polly was so drawn to Austin, even when she didn't recognize him through his disguises...and then once she knew he was likely to be following her in disguise, the ease of picking up on his current outfit was great.

Favorite scene definitely came toward the end of the book when Polly goes home to visit one of her dads and Austin's dressed as a priest. The imagery of the women flocking around him was great, even though he was dressed as a man of the cloth.

So - all in all, I liked the book and found it refreshing. It didn't drag and the bad guy got what he deserved (of course). So...check it out! Worth your time, definitely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boiling Point.

February 8, 2016 – Started Reading