Al Boudreau's Reviews > On The Gathering Storm

On The Gathering Storm by Jason McIntyre

Mar 13, 2011

Jason C. McIntyre's, On The Gathering Storm, is a story in which the reader quickly becomes privy to what can happen when our wildest nightmares come to life. Suspense novels can sometimes seem contrived, with authors trying too hard to rattle our cages and throw us off balance. McIntyre rattled the cage so hard, and with such bold strokes, I was knocked down for long, ominous stretches then dragged inside a world in which sick and twisted individuals with broken minds hide in the periphery. McIntyre pushed the envelope, seemingly unwilling to take it back a notch to spare those who tend to be squeamish or easily disturbed.

I'm glad he didn't.

Let's face it---when it comes to unthinkable acts committed by humans, if it can be imagined, then one could certainly find themselves in the throes of such a horrific scenario. Storm's main character is forced to endure an experience most would not survive, creating a dichotomy---part of you will want to look away, while the other will crane like an ambulance chaser approaching a twenty car pile-up. Do you like dark and descriptive? This is your novel! A fascinating, gripping tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On The Gathering Storm.

March 13, 2011 – Shelved
March 26, 2011 – Started Reading
March 26, 2011 –
April 3, 2011 –
April 3, 2011 –
April 4, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Al (new) - rated it 5 stars

Al Boudreau Fantastic to hear that. I consider him a good friend and have massive respect for him, so it's another one I'm really looking forward to.

Jason McIntyre So glad you were compelled to read and that you had such positive things to say, Al. Many thanks and much respect for the time you took to offer this thoughtful reading and review.

Joel, thanks for your kind words as well.

message 3: by Al (new) - rated it 5 stars

Al Boudreau I really enjoyed your novel, Jason. Your writing style is a breath of fresh air. I'll definitely be checking out all of your other works as well.