Kelly 's Reviews > Cross Fire

Cross Fire by James Patterson

Mar 12, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, murder-mystery, series, thriller
Read from March 12 to 19, 2011

This review contains spoilers. I'm glad Alex FINALLY got married and has found happiness. It's cute that Nana Mama, his grandmother, has weathered all his battles with him, but it's time for her to die. That might sound callous, but the woman is ancient, and it's getting unrealistic that she's still above ground. Having Cross' old nemesis Kyle Craig back in this story made it interesting, but his revealing of his true identity to Cross and his demise were quite anticlimactic. And the two separate serial killer plots seemed forced and not cohesive to the story for me; I felt that Patterson had them in the story just to give Alex and Kyle cases to work on together. I do like Alex's character (and his family as well), and because I've read the entire series, I am obviously going to continue to read this one. The comment about Lindsay Boxer at the end of this story makes me wonder if Patterson plans to combine two of his series in a future book. That could be fun. I think Patterson has too many irons in the fire and he should focus on the series that he writes solo a bit more so he can recapture the intensity and depth of them as they once were. I didn't hate this book, but I didn't find it held my interest as the series once did. I want to give it 2.5 stars and not 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross Fire.

Diane Kelly, I liked this book a lot. I have read all his Cross books to date and can't get enough of them.

Kelly I just finished it this am. I have to write my review for it. I feel horrible for saying this but it's time for Nana Mama to die - she's getting old and how realistic is it that Alex's grandmother is still alive (given his age)!

Diane Kelly wrote: "I just finished it this am. I have to write my review for it. I feel horrible for saying this but it's time for Nana Mama to die - she's getting old and how realistic is it that Alex's grandmother ..."

Yes, I do agree with you, but I just hate to see Nana go. :)