Angie McLain's Reviews > Some Sort of Love

Some Sort of Love by Melanie Harlow

11973963
When you are given a chance to read an advanced readers copy of a Melanie Harlow book you jump on it!

“I’ll take one tall, dark and handsome with a steady job and a good sense of humor – oh, not the six inch, the footlong. Thanks.”

5 STARS - Some Sort of Love is the third book in a series that not only continues to feed my never ending addiction for all books Harlow but also gut punched me in the feels.

Jillian is the sister that has a fabulous and rewarding career, she’s a pediatrician, and she has a beautiful home as well as a family that she adores. Her sisters, Skylar and Natalie have found their happily ever after complete with their very own versions of prince charming, but Jillian’s prince still eludes her. Dating is not easy for her, she has a demanding job, but she loves it all the same yet she is missing that one person she can share it all with it. She is sick and beyond tired of always being asked why she is single and when she will get married and start a family of her very own. She wants that, very much and every time she has to engage in that conversation it makes her doubt herself. Is she too picky? Will she ever find that person she can share her hopes, dreams, and accomplishments with? Is there something wrong with her? Attending yet another family function and watching her sisters with their perfect men is hard for Jillian, she is beyond happy for her sisters, they deserve happiness, and she adores them but it’s painful for her.

Literally running into a man from her past is going to change everything. Could Levi be “the one”? She remembers their sexy and risqué hook up like it was yesterday, even now ten years later it still gives her the tingles. When she comes face to face with him after all this time, parts of Jillian reawaken to sit up to beg in ways they haven’t in a very long time. What’s even better, Levi remembers Jillian just as fondly, and he seems just as intrigued and attracted to her as she is to him.

“Harry Potter fan, huh? So what are the chances that I can Slytherin to your chamber of secrets tonight?”

Levi is now a successful architect and a deeply devoted single dad to a very special 8 year old boy. That little boy, Scotty is the center of Levi’s world and his soul priority. He has been since the day he entered this world. The feelings that emerge when he lays eyes on Jillian both excite him and terrify him in equal measures. Levi like Jillian is lonely in many ways, and he craves that great love, but how do you balance a romantic relationship with a son and a career? A son who has some very special needs…

“Scotty was the love of my life and always would be, and whenever I felt the slightest bit resentful about something I couldn’t do because of him, that resentment was immediately crushed by shame.”

Melanie Harlow tackles some very tough subjects in Some Sort of Love, just as she did with the previous two books in this series, OCD and anxiety, now in Some Sort of Love she tackles an even tougher subject, it’s going to affect you. You’d have to be broken for it not to. I’m not going to go into detail, this review will remain spoiler free as it should, but I will say this, be prepared to get weepy. Levi and his son’s relationship is extremely touching and heartwarming, but it is also complicated, challenging and unique. I’m not sure how Melanie ever conceived the idea for this story but it fits seamlessly into this series, its perfection. Creating a story that is not only extremely sexy and intense, but also emotional and gut wrenching. Jillian and Levi’s love story is complicated and addictive.

“This feeling, this incredible wanting, and knowing I was wanted in return, felt like magic. I didn’t want to look behind the curtain just yet.”

“It would be so much easier if I just wanted sex – but I didn’t. I wanted more. Did she?”

Some Sort of Love is jam packed with off the charts sexy and tingle inducing scenes; but it’s also overflowing with feels. It made my heart race and pound and the next moment my heart ached, sunk and broke. I was left with the question of how they could ever make it work, it seemed like they would never get it together. But in Melanie we must trust right? I should have known that she would never let me down and she didn’t. She found a beautiful and touching way to bring Jillian and Levi’s story full circle, just as she always does. Not only do we get our happily ever after for Jillian and Levi but we also get glimpses into Skyler and Natalie’s as well. Revisiting many characters from her previous books and series Melanie gives readers the delightful treat of more. And what book lover doesn’t want that? Every time I read a book from this author I find myself totally engrossed and invested, Some Sort of Love was no different. I started it and couldn’t put it down. I devoured Some Sort of Love and I’m willing to lay money on the fact that you will too. Get the tissues, the wine, some ice and a bag of chocolate ready before you begin this one, it will help, and when you finish you will feel not only overjoyed but satisfied in all the best ways. Thank you Melanie for yet another story that made me blush, sigh, swoon, and sniffle.

“I needed to show him love, and make him feel like he deserved it – because he did.”

In Melanie I trust. Pinkie Promise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Sort of Love.

February 5, 2016 – Started Reading