♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > One Foot in the Grave

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

bookshelves: vampire, paranormal-romance

I have been resisting to read Ms. Frost's books for a while. My friends have been recommending them. Even authors I read (Ilona Andrews duo) hype up Ms. Frost. I don't know what really kept me from reading her books. Perhaps it was the covers? Perhaps it was her name? Whenever it was, it was totally irrational and basically stupid with a capital S.

One of my friends at GR kept pushing this series hard (Sinful, yeah, it's you). I finally succumbed and read it.

Wow. I'm in love with Bones. Screw Cat, get rid of her, I'll happily take Bones off her hands. Of course, Bones will probably not want me and have eyes only for Cat. Bitch.

Ms. Frost's writing voice appeals to me because the third person from Cat's point of view is so darn amusing. I admire Cat. I also can relate to her a little bit. Just enough that I can understand her mixed up feelings. The story moved fast and I'm glad I have all the other books waiting right behind this one, ready to read.

I'm usually not one for much sex in a paranormal romance, but damn, Ms. Frost's sex scenes are hot. I read every single word. They weren't forced or thrown in because it's the new "thing" to insert token sex scenes. The scenes had a purpose and I was hooked in. Awesome job, Ms. Frost!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Foot in the Grave.

March 12, 2011 – Shelved
Started Reading
April 4, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Cee (new) - added it

Cee VeeDee Hmmm... I have resisted her as well. Your review makes me think I should join the Resistance is Futile Crew and indulge. I keep hearing people talk Bones Bones Bones-mayhaps I'll give it a go!

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Cee wrote: "Hmmm... I have resisted her as well. Your review makes me think I should join the Resistance is Futile Crew and indulge. I keep hearing people talk Bones Bones Bones-mayhaps I'll give it a go!"

Well, I have to say, Bones is pretty cool. Cat, not so much.

J.C. Yeah this was absolutely great book and your review is perfectly said to that..

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Jennifer wrote: "Yeah this was absolutely great book and your review is perfectly said to that.."

^_^ - Thank you