Jaymie's Reviews > Blood in Her Veins: Nineteen Stories from the World of Jane Yellowrock

Blood in Her Veins by Faith Hunter

It's pretty simple. If you've ever read and enjoyed a Jane Yellowrock story, get this book. If you like preternatural fiction, things that go bump in the night, and a fast pace get this book. If you enjoy complex characters and well developed storylines get this book. Are you intrigued by a tough, vampire hunting, Cherokee skinwalker who shares her life and adventures with Beast, the soul of a mountain lion? Bottom line...get this book!

I love that with the popularity of anthologies and crossover novellas that so many of my favorite authors are writing more short stories. The downside is that it can get pretty hard to keep the timelines straight when you inevitably end up reading them out of sequence. This collection of stories from the Yellowrock world, all in chronological order in one place, will keep you entertained and on the edge of your seat for hours. If you haven't read the entire series yet, yes... there may be potential spoilers, but because the books and characters draw you in so thoroughly I don't think that it would detract from the enjoyment of any of the regular length novels in the series when you read them at a later date. And believe me...you will *want* to read them.

The two new novellas in this collection (especially "Bound No More" featuring Molly and Angie Baby, two of my favorite witches) are alone well worth the price of admission, but as I thumbed through the book, I realized that it had been quite some time since I had read a lot of these tales. I ended up being quite engrossed in them again and not at all displeased that I had taken time to revisit them. I also love that in Off The Grid we get a sneak peek at Hunter's new book, Blood of the Earth (to be published later this year) by being introduced to Nell, who will be the main character in the new Soulwood series.

Still loving the Jane and Beast and as usual, they leave me wanting more. I'll just have to hope that this collection will tide me over until the next installment in the Yellowrock series, Shadow Rites, comes out this spring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood in Her Veins.

February 2, 2016 – Started Reading