Katerina's Reviews > Water's Wrath

Water's Wrath by Elise Kova

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, arc

“He was a reckless fool,and I was a girl pulled along by puppet strings.The fire burned too hot,and we didn't notice until it consumed everything.”

I am not lost for words often.I tend to babble and gush over the things I like and love until my mouth dries and my voice falters.But talking about Water's Wrath,talking about the book that eradicated my ability to think or dream about anything besides it feels way too personal.Like exposing my bare soul.But I will do it.Because you,yes you who are reading these words and wonder how is it possible to love so fiercely people who exist only in the realms of fiction,need to understand this: Elise Kova created another work of art.
A tragically beautiful work of art.

“She'd been the library apprentice everyone expected-and hoped-would die.Now she was the Windwalker,a lady and a hero,and this was her home.”

Vhalla Yarl is not the person she used to be a year ago.She was awoken by air,forged by blood into a weapon,turned into blazing fire by her devastating love for a man struggling to find his way back to light,and then she was crashed.Now she tries to hold the fragile peace she achieved by sheding the blood of innocents and make sure that the world will not suffer from more massacres and power-craving rulers,that forbidden magic will stay out of reach and that what's left of her heart will not shatter once more.But there is always corruption,and death and suffering,and Vhalla stands in the eye of the storm that will change everything.
“What is most beautiful just before it dies?”

I have a confession to make.After Earth's End brutal cliffhanger,I was hesitant to read this one.I felt terrified and betrayed,I kept imagining things that would go wrong and I was blinded by countless prejudices and fears.And guess what,none of them happened.Yes I felt pain,but it was a different kind of pain from the one I expected but equally excruciating.I was standing in the middle of the night,hugging my e-reader and rocking back and forth in my seat,tasting my tears and trying to breathe.Elise is a master manipulator,the plot twists and the jaw-dropping moments were crafted with precision and there were subtle hints everywhere,but I could never predict them.And in the end I couldn't help but imagine her like this

or this

It's disturbing.
“No matter how far she ran or how many people she met,an invinsible hand pulled Vhalla back to the crown prince of the Solaris Empire.”

I was scared my love,their love had been tainted.But I couldn't be more wrong.In Water's Wrath,it was purified.It was a story of growing up and healing,of becoming the person you're meant to be.Vhalla finally found her way,she matured beyond imagination and despite some foolish decisions,this is the Vhalla I can love and support and root for.I am very proud of her.As for my prince?He is a shining star.Some times the clouds cover him,some times he emerges brighter than ever and always,always he makes my heart overflow with feelings that could inspire epic poems and ballads.
“We're hopeless,you and I.”

I want to thank you Elise.For trusting me with your Horcrux,for hurting me and putting my pieces together after cleansing them,for providing me with the air I breathe,the earth I stand,the water that keeps me to life and the fire that burns in my veins.And I forgive you for being a professional heartbreaker and a sadist.

*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water's Wrath.

February 4, 2016 – Shelved
February 4, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
April 8, 2016 – Started Reading
April 8, 2016 –
page 50
13.81% "Ok,let's do this! (God I'm terrified!)\n "
April 10, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
April 10, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
April 10, 2016 – Finished Reading
April 17, 2016 – Shelved as: arc

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)

message 1: by Nelou (new)

Nelou Keramati Yay! Can't wait! <3

Shaveta Can't wait to read it! :)

Katerina Shaveta wrote: "Can't wait to read it! :)"

Nelou wrote: "Yay! Can't wait! <3"

Aww ladies you're the sweetest! <3

message 4: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Beautiful review, Kat!

Shaveta Omg, after reading your review Katerina, I can't wait even more!!!! :P :) Does WW leave one as desperate for crystal crowned, as Earth's End left one desperate for WW? As if waiting till 26th April isn't hard enough, what will we do till July? :P loll

anjuli Nicely written and thanks for keeping it spoiler free. I know it must be hard. I cannot bloody wait to read. April 26 cannot come sooner. I am so scared though. But, you have given me hope ;)

Shaveta Baring your soul. We all feel the same way, dear Katerina. :) Elise's books are perfection. Beautiful review.

Hetal *hyperventilates*

You're review is perfect and I cannot wait for that moment when I get this book with all the tears and healing that come with it.

Also, we all knew that vhalla and aldrik were hopeless but strong in every way. That's what makes them such loveable characters. Like I said, can't wait for this book. It is going to be torture not reading it the day it comes out. Alas, Finals April 28-May 4th. A POX UPON YOU.

message 9: by Nelou (new)

Nelou Keramati This is such a wonderful review Katerina! Thank you so much for being so meticulous (and spoiler-free!) I'm so excited to get into this series now (don't want to start till all the books are out cause my emotions don't do well with waiting, lol).

Keep up the fantastic work! <3

message 10: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli So glad the series continues to amaze! aaah I so want to continue this series already! Great review again, Kat! xo

message 11: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!!!

message 12: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Fantastic review, Kat!❤❤
"I was standing in the middle of the night,hugging my e-reader and rocking back and forth in my seat,tasting my tears and trying to breathe."---->Are you spying on me or something??

message 13: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Katerina! :)

message 14: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Fantastic review, baby girl!!!
So glad that this series continue to be a winner for you!!! ;-)) xx

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Awesome review, Katerina :)

message 16: by Shahad (new)

Shahad takleef awesome awesome review ..

Katerina Ana {The Good Gif Fairy} wrote: "Great review lovely ;)"

Thank you sweetie!! <3

Ayesha wrote: "Fantastic review, Kat!❤❤

Lol you caught me!:P Isn't it weird that we feel this way about words written in paper?Weird and fascinating at the same time!Thank you lovely Ayesha!! <3

Deanna wrote: "Great review!!!!"

Thank you Deanna!!^^

NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Fantastic review, baby girl!!!
So glad that this series continue to be a winner for you!!! ;-)) xx"

Thank you so much babycakes!!I think each book is better than the previous,and this one oh my God it gave me all the feels!!Please please please read this series,it will bring you back to the world of fantasy I promise!!:D

Candace wrote: "Great review, Katerina! :)"

Thank you so much Candace!!

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "Awesome review, Katerina :)"

Thank you love!!

Shahad wrote: "awesome awesome review .."

Thank you Shahad!! :)

Jilly wrote: "Beautiful review, Kat!"

Thank you Jilly!!^^You have to read this series,it's perfect!!:D

Katerina Shaveta wrote: "Baring your soul. We all feel the same way, dear Katerina. :) Elise's books are perfection. Beautiful review."

Shaveta wrote: "Omg, after reading your review Katerina, I can't wait even more!!!! :P :) Does WW leave one as desperate for crystal crowned, as Earth's End left one desperate for WW? As if waiting till 26th April..."

Thank you so much Shaveta!! <3 Well it's Elise,of course it will leave you desperate but here's a tip: the last pages will give you goosebumps!I still think of them and shiver,they were amazing!<3

anjuli wrote: "Nicely written and thanks for keeping it spoiler free. I know it must be hard. I cannot bloody wait to read. April 26 cannot come sooner. I am so scared though. But, you have given me hope ;)"

Thank you so much Anjuli,you're very sweet! <3 I couldn't talk much about the plot but yes I wanted to give you hope but also prepare you for the mindblowing events that are about to happen!You are going to love it!;)

Hetal wrote: "*hyperventilates*

Also, we all knew that vhalla and aldrik were ..."

Thank you Hetal,you're so kind! <3 Stupid STUPID finals!! :O But it will worth the wait I promise!Earth's End shattered my world,and I was so darn scared to read Water's Wrath because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle what was about to come!But nothing I expected happened,and both the plot and the romance will give you heart palpitations!!And Aldrik aw my Aldrik,how is it possible to love him more?

Nelou wrote: "This is such a wonderful review Katerina! Thank you so much for being so meticulous (and spoiler-free!) I'm so excited to get into this series now (don't want to start till all the books are out ca..."

Aww Nelou you are so sweet,I am really flattered!! <3 I think waiting for the series to end is a wise decision because the cliffhangers are brutal!Hope you'll dive into this fantastic world and love it as much as I do! <3

Pearl wrote: "So glad the series continues to amaze! aaah I so want to continue this series already! Great review again, Kat! xo"

Thank you Pearly! <3 You have to continue this series,it's full of surprises and magic and war and romance and it will give you so many feelings!! <3

Shaveta @Katerina - "Earth's End shattered my world,and I was so darn scared to read Water's Wrath because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle what was about to come!But nothing I expected happened,and both the plot and the romance will give you heart palpitations!!And Aldrik aw my Aldrik,how is it possible to love him more?

OMG now you have me hyperventilating and jumping with glee and excitement all over the place! I want WW in my hands like *right now!* Yayyyy I am relieved, can't wait at all now to read about Vhalla and Aldrik!!! :D <3

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Brilliant review Kat!xx

message 21: by Diana (new)

Diana Ouma Great review! Honestly cant wait to read this! ;)

message 22: by Candace (new)

Candace Wonderful review, Katerina! :)

Katerina Shaveta wrote: "@Katerina - "Earth's End shattered my world,and I was so darn scared to read Water's Wrath because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle what was about to come!But nothing I expected happened,and ..."

Just don't get too excited because there's still pain and heartache and tears :P But yes it's absolutely brilliant,our OTP is perfection!! <3

Candace wrote: "Wonderful review, Katerina! :)"

Thank you Candace!!^^

Diana wrote: "Great review! Honestly cant wait to read this! ;)"

Thank you sweetie!! <3 You're going to love it!!;D

Nicole wrote: "Brilliant review Kat!xx"

Thank you so much Nicole!! <3

message 24: by Ankit (new)

Ankit that was beautiful! :)

Katerina Ankit wrote: "that was beautiful! :)"

Thank you Ankit!^^

message 26: by Diana (new)

Diana Ouma Katerina wrote: "Shaveta wrote: "@Katerina - "Earth's End shattered my world,and I was so darn scared to read Water's Wrath because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle what was about to come!But nothing I expect..."

I remember waiting for book number 3 to come out... and now there is book number 4!??!!! where has all the time gone! I need to do catch-up on this awesome series! :D

message 27: by Diana (new)

message 28: by Diana (new)

I remember waiting for the third novel to come out and now there is book FOUR?! where has the time gone! its crazy! I need to play catchup on this amazing series! :)

Katerina Diana wrote: "Katerina wrote: "Shaveta wrote: "@Katerina - "Earth's End shattered my world,and I was so darn scared to read Water's Wrath because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle what was about to come!But..."

Yes please,it will hurt you but you'll love the pain! <3 Darn all those feelings!!

Madeleine wrote: "Fab. review ♥"

Thank you dear Madeleine! <3

message 30: by Vaneesha (new)

Vaneesha HORCRUX!!!!

Katerina Vaneesha wrote: "HORCRUX!!!!"

Lol can't help but make Harry Potter references!xD

Rachel Floyd I am counting the days before I get my hands on this book. You addressed every single concern I had after reading Earth's End. You should see my review actually - it was a bonafide crisis. haha

Rachel Floyd Your .gifs for Kova are hilarious too. ;)

Katerina Rachel wrote: "Your .gifs for Kova are hilarious too. ;)"

Rachel wrote: "I am counting the days before I get my hands on this book. You addressed every single concern I had after reading Earth's End. You should see my review actually - it was a bonafide crisis. haha"

Thank you Rachel! :) Haha we all experienced a crisis of epic proportions trust me :P But in the end there was a reason for everything that happened!;) You're going to love it so much but you'll also cry an ocean...

Nicole Tate This was beautifully written! Excellent review!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!! I have to post mines on Amazon now!!! HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY TO 'WATERS WRATH'!!!

Katerina Nicole wrote: "This was beautifully written! Excellent review!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!! I have to post mines on Amazon now!!! HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY TO 'WATERS WRATH'!!!"

Thank you Nicole!! <3 This book was utter perfection,it was the cause of so many strong feelings and I loved every single moment (well not every moment,I still cry when I remember a certain one)!Happy Water's Wrath release day!! <3 :D

anjuli OMG I just finished the book. I'm at a loss here. Trying to absorb all that happened.

Katerina anjuli wrote: "OMG I just finished the book. I'm at a loss here. Trying to absorb all that happened."

It was so mind-blowing!!!And the ending gave me goosebumps!!

Wandy Barker After I finished read this book, I didn't know what to do. It seems I'm all cried out. I didn't cry a lot when my father died, but this book...... I cried so much I had a headache. It's so good, I'm actually at a loss for words. now the waiting........ It gave me goosebumps it shattered my whole being... Thank you Elise Kova I found emotions I never knew I had. I was never good at being an emotional person, I cried watching movies but if I have a death in my family I'm like "oh well". these books are truly amazing and I'm glad I discover that quote from Fire Falling on Instagram which led me to your books.

message 40: by Imti (new) - added it

Imti Someone send me a link for this book free reading online

message 41: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya Kite Oh my gawd!!! They get back???? I just finished with earths end and as yu can guess I am heart broken nd filled with doubts and have no idea what to expect. Yu made my day and I am getting waters wrath asap! Fantastic review btw :)

Katerina Riya wrote: "Oh my gawd!!! They get back???? I just finished with earths end and as yu can guess I am heart broken nd filled with doubts and have no idea what to expect. Yu made my day and I am getting waters w..."

Thank you sweetie!! <3 Set aside the doubts and read it ASAP,you cannot possibly imagine what happenes but note this,Aldrik and Vhalla have some powerful scenes and their love is stronger than ever!;) <3

message 43: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Shepherd Just started reading it and I love it

Katerina Emily wrote: "Just started reading it and I love it"

It's an amazing book, I'm so glad you love it!! :)

Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️ Horcruxes! That is exactly what I've been thinking! Each book is a horcrux.

Katerina Umaiya ⚡A ℱar Off ℳemory⚡ wrote: "Horcruxes! That is exactly what I've been thinking! Each book is a horcrux."

I know right?? Elise poured her soul into these books, and she sucked mine as well!! <3

Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️ Katerina wrote: "Umaiya ⚡A ℱar Off ℳemory⚡ wrote: "Horcruxes! That is exactly what I've been thinking! Each book is a horcrux."

I know right?? Elise poured her soul into these books, and she sucked mine as well!! "

These authors and their bloody soul sucking! xD

message 48: by Leah Deacon (new) - added it

Leah Deacon I just finished Earths End and I am still ugly crying! 😫 Seriously this review has given me courage to read book 4, I don’t think I could finish this series without knowing there is a reconciliation in the future!

Katerina Leah Deacon wrote: "I just finished Earths End and I am still ugly crying! 😫 Seriously this review has given me courage to read book 4, I don’t think I could finish this series without knowing there is a reconciliatio..."

Earth's End was my heart's end, so brutal! But please do read this one, it is cathartic (it doesn't mean you won't cry, because believe me, you will) but it is everything you need!!