Kat's Reviews > Heist Society

Mar 11, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, borrowed-from-library, read-in-2011
Read from March 16 to 25, 2011

The premise of this book is really intriguing, but for some reason I didn't get sucked into it like a lot of other reviewers did. The characters are likable enough, but not so much that I sympathize with any of them (perhaps it's because they're thieves).

Kat Bishop grew up in a crime family. All her life she helped her dad pull off one heist after another. But when she finally pulls out of the family business to attend boarding school and attempt to have a normal life, she gets dragged back into it again. Her father has been wrongly accused of stealing five paintings from Italian bad guy Arturo Taccone. Feeling that it's up to her to clear her father's name, she assembles her team to retrieve those stolen paintings — or re-steal them — and give them back to Taccone.

Part teen fiction, part heist drama, this book takes the reader to various locations across Europe as Kat and her team race against time to get those paintings back to the evil man who has the power to eliminate her father and everyone she cares about. I liked all the traveling the characters do, and the whole concept of pulling off a big heist in a high-security art museum is exciting. However, the book wasn't the quick, fun read I was expecting. I'm sure it's exactly that for a lot of people, but...I guess something's wrong with me, because I wasn't that impressed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heist Society.

Stephanie Interesting ... now I might want to read this if they travel in Europe! Might be something I would like to read! :)