Tracy's Reviews > The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain

Mar 10, 2011

Read in March, 2011

I changed my rating from 3 stars to 5. I've been thinking about it for the last few days and I had earlier said that I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it. Well . . . I love it. It's hard to explain why, I'm usually not the type of person to be at a loss for words. This book takes you on such a roller coaster of emotions. You find yourself continually questioning what you would do if you were in the same position. This book forces you to decided how you feel about certain issues. For that reason, the intensity of the storyline and how brilliantly the author takes you on the journey is the reason I ended up giving it 5 stars. Now, if you are thinking of reading it please know that it isn't a light hearted book. The issues are pretty tough. I do wish that different wording had been used in some of the love scenes - a little too crude for my taste. However, they are easy to skim through. With all that being said, I can't stop thinking about it. Now I need to go read a book about fairies and princesses or something less intense.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes.

message 1: by Gina (new) - added it

Gina LOL! now you have me interested!

Tracy It's a crazy book, but really good. If you are looking for something very intense then you should read it!!!

message 3: by Gina (new) - added it

Gina Sometimes I like to switch it up a bit! As long as I have a warning from a trusted fellow reader...I don't mind diving in and seeing where it takes me!

Tracy You'll have to let me know what you think about it. Several times during the book I thought to myself, "Why am I still reading this!" Now that I've finished it, I've been tempted to read it again. Anyway, I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts on it.