★MC's Corner★'s Reviews > Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes

Feb 02, 2016

I have no idea that this book was published years ago… *grin*
I really thought it was a new series.
HarperCollins gave me an ARC so I didn’t bother checking goodreads… so yeah… I’ve written this review after I finished QoH.

It was the “Evil is rising in Wonderland” that got me honestly.

I love the story. It was nothing I’ve ever read… I think its genius to pick the Queen of Hearts not Alice like other writing usually do. *thumbs up*

I wish it was longer.
I’m kinda excited to read the next one.

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.

• I hate the cover… SORRY! The girl there is soooo freaking creepy. The idea is fun and pretty cool, its just the girl there…

• I really like that it isn’t a total retelling of a classical book. It’s not the same story as the Alice in the Wonderland and there’s no girl that named liked Alice or even a descendant or something. It was totally different but the vibe and everything it is there. It’s about The Queen… but not really her. It was really good! I recommend it to everyone!

• The story is really great… but if you’re looking for a bit of a romance… well it kinda fell flat there. It’s not a romance book… but there’s a love interest so… yeah.

• The fantasy of it is stellar. I was completely into it. It was absolutely believable. *grin*
I wish there’s a map though.

• Since it was short, this book is perfect for those on a long drive, long fight etc. I guarantee you boring is not how you will describe this book.

ARC provided by HarperTeen (HarperCollins Publishers) & Edelweiss in exchange of honest review. Thank you!

@gleekidMC

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Hearts.

January 29, 2016 – Started Reading