Christine's Reviews > When I Make You Mine

When I Make You Mine by Rae Daniel

liked it
bookshelves: arcs-netgalley-authors, 3-stars, contemporary, insta-love, book-tours

Every so often, I'll be in the mood for a short, sweet, swoon-worthy romance. A book with a great balance between plot lines and sexy times. And oh boy....Rae Daniel's When I Make You Mine checked all those great qualities in her debut novella.

The story begins with an ultimate betrayal (which is not so surprising with an on-again, off-again boyfriend). Those types of guys usually don't know what they want and girls...if he is hot and cold with you, he is definitely not worth the time. Not only did Anne have a crappy boyfriend, she also felt like crap when she discovered him in an unfortunate position with her roommate. And it all just went downhill from there, when she landed in the ER on the same day.

But looking on the bright side, she has a chance to come in contact with all the attractive male nurses and doctors, especially Dr. Jim. A hot, sexy, smooth talking doctor. A guy who knows what he wants, gets what he wants, and is also a gentleman about it. What makes it more interesting is how Anne is not put together. She's has greasy hair, unclean clothes, pants with holes, and Jim doesn't really care! All you really need is that connection. Nothing else matters.

SEXY TIMES - One of the most important scenes in all romance novels.

The connection between Jim and Anne is HOT. Who wouldn't want a doctor to make a house call...on his day off?! A doctor, who sneaks a way of giving you his number for "patient-doctor reasons", who also dedicates his time to make sure you are on the road to recovery. Now, he is a keeper! Jim is so funny that the banter between those two is too adorable. With all the smooth gestures and caveman antics, you can tell that Jim is all in. He is just as swoon worthy as any hero who goes after his heroine. When they both get what they want, it's pretty intense. And sometimes you wish you were in Anne's shoes. ;)

SLIGHT POSSESSIVENESS/JEALOUSY - Characteristics of a perfect caveman.

When a guy knows what he wants, he'll get what he wants (and in a not so crazy way). Sometimes you want a guy who is slightly possessive because it shows that he is really into you. What makes this hero different from all other heroes is the how he believes in THE ONE. Now you don't usually hear THAT coming out of a guy's mouth. And when a guy says it...he sounds like a romantic. Who wouldn't love a couple romantic gestures once and a while? :)

Overall, if you're in the mood for a short romance novel with steamy scenes and sweet moments, When I Make You Mine is the perfect book for you. It wasn't absolutely perfect for me but it had the things I need for a quick romance read.

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When I Make You Mine.

February 2, 2016 – Shelved