tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Cronenberg on Cronenberg

Cronenberg on Cronenberg by Chris Rodley

bookshelves: film

Cronenberg was the 1st horror director to get me interested in the genre. I saw "Scanners" in a movie theater in Baltimore in the 1980s & I was hooked. He's still one of my favorite directors but I keep waiting for him to become even more transcendentally brilliant & he.. doesn't.. quite.. make it. I love the early stuff I've been able to check out: "Shivers", "Rabid", "The Brood", "Scanners", "Videodrome" - & then started to lose interest in him from around "The Dead Zone" onward. I mean, Stephen King? I know you need to make money n'at but did you have to jump on the King bandwagon? I mean in the 1980s American society cd practically be divided into: 1. people who don't read, 2. people who only read Stephen King bks, & 3. people who read other stuff. Anyway, Cronenberg still continues to be a great director - I DID like "Dead Ringers" & "Exiztenz" (or whatever it was called), etc.. This bk covers the period up to "Crash".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cronenberg on Cronenberg.