Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

"Killing is not so easy as the innocent believe."
I am dead. I can't. . .

It hurts just as much the second time *cries hysterically*
Raise Your Wands for the Greatest wizard known to wizardkind.
description
I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
My Review of Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix
1st read in August 2014
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 (9.0/10)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is an eye-opener. J.K. Rowling lets the reader dive into Voldemort’s past. Harry understands why Voldemort is who he is and what Voldemort’s principles are. This information is very satisfactory for the reader because by knowing the mystery that is Lord Voldemort, the mystery gets unraveled.

Harry shows bravery as he has never shown before. (view spoiler)Harry’s bravery is the key point of the novel, without it the novel wouldn’t be as exhilarating and exciting. He is a true Gryffindor.

The novel has a lot of important and surprising turning points. (view spoiler)

Harry’s loyalty to Dumbledore is awe-inspiring and simply wonderful. (view spoiler) The relationships between the characters make the novel so worthwhile. They are realistic; there might be disputes but a strong friendship can overcome anything.
‘‘Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right,’’ - Hermione, p.95
‘‘Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.’’ - Tom Riddle or as he would love to be called Lord Voldemort, p.415

(view spoiler)
‘‘age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth’’ - Dumbledore, p.528

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

February 2, 2016 – Started Reading
February 2, 2016 – Shelved
February 2, 2016 –
page 35
5.37% "Poor Narcissa."
February 4, 2016 –
page 160
24.54% "How dare you insult Tonks and Lupin?! \n "I was interested to see your new Patronus.\n He shut the gates in her face with a loud clang and tapped the chains with his wand again, so that they slithered, clinking, back into place.\n "I think you were better off with the old one," said Snape, the malice in his voice unmistakable. "The new one looks weak.""
February 6, 2016 –
page 299
45.86% "Weasley is the King!"
February 8, 2016 –
page 414
63.5% "Can we all agree that Luna should commentate everything? I'd love watching football matches with Luna as the commentator. It would be hilarious!\n "he's lost the Quaffle, Ginny took it from him, I do like her, she's very nice. . . ."\n description"
February 14, 2016 –
page 527
80.83% "This is genius. :p\n "This is the copy of Advanced Potion-Making that you purchased from Flourish and Blotts?"\n "Yes," said Harry firmly.\n "Then why," asked Snape, "does it have the name 'Roonil Wazlib' written inside the front cover?"\n Harry's heart missed a beat. "That's my nickname," he said.\n "Your nickname," repeated Snape."
page 565
86.66% ""Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.""
page 578
88.65% "It is going to happen soon. My heart is already hurting. \n "I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.""
page 596
91.41% "NOOOO. I can'T DEAL. ahsidfubasidlfj"
February 16, 2016 – Shelved as: favourite
February 16, 2016 – Shelved as: psychological
February 16, 2016 – Shelved as: that-plot-twist-though
February 16, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
February 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧ Ana {The Good Gif Fairy} wrote: "Awesome review Sonja :) xoxo"

Sandra I need a harry potter reread!! :)