June's Reviews > Reclaiming His Past

Reclaiming His Past by Karen Kirst

Oh my. I thought the other books in this series were great. I totally loved this book that ends the Smoky Mountain Matches books. I hope we do get to revisit some of these characters in books about the townspeople that the author mentioned a desire to write.

Jessica has lost her ability to trust men. She's been deceived and her heart broken beyond repair. When she finds an injured man outside of her house, she isn't happy at all when her mother insists he must stay while he heals.

Having no memory of his past, the man they decide to call Grant has his work cut out for him. He's attracted to the feisty little red head, but he knows it will only cause problems when he remembers who he is and if he already belongs to someone else. Jessica finds a bag containing clothes and a Bible with the name G. Parker. So they decide on the name Grant and start trying to figure out who he is. She's sure he'll end up being an outlaw or such but has trouble continuing to believe this when his actions are so different than an outlaw would be. But she's been fooled before. And she's got her family, mostly her sisters and cousins there to remind her of her bad choices before. Will Grant ever remember who he is and what happened?

The story was wonderful. I've really enjoyed this series and the work that Karen Kirst put into these wonderful characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reclaiming His Past.

February 2, 2016 – Shelved