Motorcycle's Reviews > The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing

The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank

Mar 10, 2011

it was ok
Read in March, 2011

I liked the first 3/4 of the book. I thought however that the first quarter promised more than the next two quarters delivered. The last quarter was just irritating. The message of that last quarter was good, but the execution bored and bothered me. I really disliked all the advice from Bonnie and Faith in the guide. They were obviously meant to be horrible, but they were. And the thing that irritated me so much I think was that I have met a lot of girls who behave like that and are very successful in the hunting and fishing department. I've always disliked those girls, but their success and perpetual ascendency seems to beguile the less naturally horrible to aspire to behave that way. I didn't want the guy to forgive her in the end and for things to work out well. I wanted her to be punished for acting that way. I wanted him to drop her in a fit of self respect the moment she began behaving like that.

But beyond that, the fourth quarter was abruptly different from the tone of the rest of the book, and I just didn't like that, because I enjoyed the rest of it. That the fourth quarter was so individually irritating was just poop icing on the crap cake.

Anyway. It was ok for a read, but don't expect anything other than entertainment with some good voice for part of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing.