Nat's Reviews > Wires and Nerve

Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer

bookshelves: graphic-novels

I've been waiting for over a year for this graphic novel to come out, so to say that I had high expectations would barely begin to cover it. But I'm glad to say that this volume did not disappoint.

Wires & Nerve follows Iko, the beloved android from the Lunar Chronicles, on a dangerous and romantic new adventure – with a little help from Cinder and the Rampion crew (which had me over the moon excited).

When rogue packs of wolf-hybrid soldiers threaten the tenuous peace alliance between Earth and Luna, Iko takes it upon herself to hunt down the soldiers' leader. She is soon working with a handsome royal guard who forces her to question everything she knows about love, loyalty, and her own humanity.

Iko was one of my favorite members of the group, so I loved that her wit and humor was translated so well into this graphic novel format. She's as brave and loyal as ever fighting for her true friend and queen. And my love for this crew is exhilarating.

Speaking of love, here are some of favorite moments:

description
Love her side commentary more than ever!!

description
Iko's not kidding around!! To quote the blurb, she's a badass with a heart of (mechanized) gold.

description
I was glad to see that good 'ol humor of hers along with her love for Kai hadn't changed.

description
I loved Thorne with every bit of my heart in TLC. But I found that his trademark snark and direct remarks seemed kind of forced in here.

But thankfully his love for Cress is still alive and well!!

description
And so is her love for the net dramas!

As well as Iko's:

description
Though said love didn't always bring them into the best situations.

description
My queen, Selene Blackburn of Luna, educating the world!

Side note: the art style took a bit to get used to because it wasn't even close to how I'd imagined the characters, especially the way Wolf was depicted. But over time it became less noticeable once I got into the swing of the story.

description
AH!! Wolf's still the sweetest!!

Speaking of...

description
I loved this moment so much!!!
description
All in all: I would say that even though it took me a bit to get through this volume, my love for the Rampion crew slowly but surely resurfaced. Iko & Cinder & Winter & Cress & Thorne & Kai & Wolf & Jacin all have a special place in my heart. And I simply cannot wait for volume two to come out!!

Note: I'm an Amazon Affiliate. If you're interested in buying Wires and Nerve, Volume 1, just click on the image below to go through my link. I'll make a small commission!

Support creators you love. Buy a Coffee for nat (bookspoils) with http://Ko-fi.com/bookspoils

This review and more can be found on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wires and Nerve.

February 2, 2016 – Shelved