Diane S ☔'s Reviews > Among the Wicked

Among the Wicked by Linda Castillo

I have loved this series from the beginning, but in the last few years have been able to identify more personally. My son having moved into the heart of the Amish, in Goshen, Indiana. They have Amish neighbors on both sides of their houses, even have an Amish telephone booth on their property. Made the acquaintance of these wonderful people, have tasted their food and their delicious homemade ice cream.

In this one Chief Katie Burkholder may have gotten over her head, when she is asked to go undercover in upstate New York, after a young Amish girl is found dead. Unable to get any information from the Amish community there, with their natural suspicion of the English, Kate poses as what she once was, an Amish woman. There she finds a Bishop who his people seem to admire and fear. Things are not as clear cut as they appear, as she soon finds out.

Suspenseful, many twists and turns, secrets, betrayals. Castillo has once again written a fantastic addition to this series, and looking. forward to many more to come.

ARC from NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Wicked.

February 1, 2016 – Shelved
July 1, 2016 –
page 160
July 2, 2016 –
page 200

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen Nice review, Diane! I am waiting patiently for the release as I buy this author's books in hardcover.

Diane S ☔ Thanks, Stephanie. When you can relate to a novel, it seems even more special.

Thanks, Maureen don't think you will be disappointed in this one.

message 3: by Candi (new)

Candi Diane, great review! This book interests me and the Amish community in New York is not far from me. One question- would I be missing something by jumping into the series now though?

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Terrific review, Diane! That's neat! I didn't know the Amish could use the telephone let alone have an Amish phone booth! :)

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Phone booth

message 6: by Frances (new)

Frances Good review Diane! I hoping to read one of her books soon.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen Sounds like a good series, Diane. May need to check them out when my pile goes down!

Brenda How awesome to have that connection Diane! Great review :)

Toni I, too, have had the Amish connection. Have lived in Elkhart, IN; Dover, OH; and New Wilmington, PA. I love this series!