Stacey Jo's Reviews > Raising Seth

Raising Seth by Eden Cole

1950408
So this one was OK; I liked it well enough. It's a short read (only 41 pages) so it can easily be read in one sitting. There is plenty of angst, which is always good as far as I'm concerned. The characters, Seth and Cray were a bit two-dimensional but I think that was mostly due to the fact that this was a 41 page book. It's not like there was much time to develop their characters. The sex scenes were OK, but that was my biggest problem with the book. I know this is from the authors "First Time Series" about guys with their first experience but it was obvious that both Cray and Seth had had plenty of Het sexual experience so they weren't complete virgins; they knew what they were doing. Was it really necessary to have so much running commentation during the sex scenes? I felt like there was a sex coach sitting there with them. There's a difference between talking dirty or whispering sweet nothings, and even too much of that turns me off (but that's just me), but I thought there was too much instructional talk. Now, the closet scene? THAT scene was hot :o) wish all the scenes were like that one. I also thought Susie's character was a little too accepting in the end. She was like, oh well, whatever. Not that she shouldn't be, it was just spur of the moment and she was like whatever, see ya. I kinda thought it felt odd. But that's just my opinion. So overall, I liked it, just wasn't bowled over by it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raising Seth.

March 9, 2011 – Shelved