Parlethia Browning's Reviews > Next to Me

Next to Me by Allie Everhart

F 50x66

Good Read!! I really enjoyed this book. Nash is one of my new book boyfriends. OMG loved me some Nash. But what's not to love? A tall, hot muscular guy with a sense of humor, has a sensitive side and has beautiful baby blue eyes and is good with his hands!! If that's not a recipe for the perfect guy, then I don't know what is lol. As for Callie, I liked her but I can't say I loved her. I enjoyed the banter between her and Nash. I loved how he would never take no for an answer. But Callie's indecisiveness worked my nerves a bit. All of her back and forth on wanting to tell Nash her secret but just couldn't bring herself to do it. Then always snapping at the guy when he, in her opinion, asked too many questions. There was one point in the book I was ready to shake her and say if you don't tell him, dammit I'm jumping in this book and telling him lol. Ugh frustrating. For that reason I gave this book a 4 star rating. The "big" reveal just went on too long for me. Loved the ending, although it did feel a little rush, but overall I found myself smiling a lot and it did leave me feeling all warm and happy inside lol. The heat in this book is PG-13 but because this book deals more with overcoming loss and grieving, it was just enough. I would definitely recommend this book to others and give it two thumbs up!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Next to Me.

January 31, 2016 – Shelved
January 31, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 1, 2016 – Started Reading
February 1, 2016 –
26.0% "I'm loving the banter between these two. Very funny!!"
February 2, 2016 –
61.0% "You know when you have that friend that takes forever to make their point and you're like dude just get to the freakin point already?! Well that's where I'm at wit Callie. I'm at the point now that if she doesn't tell Nash her damn secret, I'm gonna jump in the book and tell him myself. Jeez enough already lol!!"
February 4, 2016 – Finished Reading