Reading Vacation's Reviews > Ninth Key

Ninth Key by Meg Cabot

Mar 09, 2011

REVIEW

A triple decker review. This is what you end up with when a series is so good that you read the books one right after the other.

In Ninth Key, Suze spends a good part of her time trying to figure out if Tad Beaumont (aka Red) is responsible for a murder. While the interactions between Suze and Tad were nice, I was much more drawn to the scenes with Suze and Jesse. Remember Jesse, he’s the ghost who lives in Suze’s room. Less Red and more Jesse! There are some completely unexpected twists to the plot and I LOVED the way Meg Cabot worked them in. She is a genius at writing a mystery. GENIUS.

Reunion is my favorite Mediator book of the series so far. In this book, Suze is caught between the ghosts of four teens who died in a car accident (the RLS Angels) and Michael, the boy from her school who the ghosts are blaming for their deaths. It’s an all-out war as the ghosts are trying to get revenge on Michael. There is no shortage of action and I liked that the car accident plot was so realistic. Even with ghosts being involved, the plot felt very REAL.

In Darkest Hour, Suze comes face-to-face with Maria, the ghost who was engaged to her beloved Jesse. Since I am so into the relationship between Suze and Jesse, I was really excited to read about Jesse’s former fiancé. The most romantic of the series so far, Darkest Hour will tug at your heart. Be prepared for a little side-plot action with the little boy Suze is babysitting – his name is Jack and he’s an eight-year-old mediator. I really enjoy how Meg Cabot put awesome little gems like this into her stories.

It’s easy to see that I love the Mediator series. I can’t wait to read Haunted (book 5) and Twilight (book 6).

RATING

5 Plot

4 Characters

5 Attention Grabbing

5 Girlie Meter

4 Ending

23 TOTAL

5 STARS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ninth Key.

NaKayla awesome elevation. I enjoyed the details and the other books I myself is on book 3 I can't eaith to read the rest!!!