Reading Vacation's Reviews > The False Princess

The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal

Mar 09, 2011

Review

Prepare for some seriously gushy book love.

The False Princess is the perfect storm. It delivers magic, secret identities, hidden truths, and a bit of romance in one incredible story. I am in LOVE with this book!

The intricate story-line is perfectly laid out. It is not at all confusing, but it is most certainly compelling. Let’s just say that Eilis O’Neal is an expert at building suspense and I did not want to stop reading for even a minute. With moments that will make you cry, scream, laugh, and gasp – this plot delivers!

Sinda was a fascinating main character. Instead of slipping into a depression when she learned that her first sixteen years were a lie, Sinda grew stronger. When she found that she possessed dangerous magical powers, she did not cower away. Instead, Sinda fought hard to harness those powers.

The other characters were great too. There was Sinda’s best friend Keirnan. He was loyal, sweet, and a bit of a prankster. Then there was the especially sweet Nalia, who Sinda stood in for. Oh, and don’t forget the wizard that Sinda worked for. She was scatter-brained and CrAzY funny!

The False Princess belongs on your to-read list because it offers a cleverly crafted story with awesome characters.

Rating

5 Loved

Cover Comments

I just love that the cover is simple and mysterious. I THINK the girl is Sinda and the picture is Nalia – but I don’t know for sure. I really like the rich purple wallpaper in the back ground too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Princess.