Reading Vacation's Reviews > The Ghost and the Goth

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

Mar 09, 2011

Read in February, 2011

The Ghost and the Goth is everything that a typical ghost book is not. It is a fun, light, humorous, book with a hint of romance. Really, it is!

Alona was Miss Popular in high school. You know the type – she intimidated others into being her “friends” and she always made herself look superior. Alona thought she was all that. Totally the type of girl you love to hate. Then she was run over by a school bus, she became a ghost, and everything changed.

As a ghost, Alona returned to her high school only to find that her “friends” never really cared for her in the first place. I loved that Alona became vulnerable as a ghost and we got to see her true colors. She made a much better ghost than a Miss Popular.

Will was the outcast in high school. He was the creepy guy who everyone thought was crazy. Will was not boyfriend material. He was, however, able to communicate with ghosts. Lots and lots of ghosts. So many ghosts that they nearly DO make Will go crazy.

You would NEVER expect Miss Popular to hang out with the school outcast, but that’s exactly what needs to happen. Alona needs Will to help her cross over and Will needs Alona to help him manage the other ghosts.

I love the way the story is written. Stacey Kade presents both Alona and Will’s points of view in alternating chapters. The interesting thing is that each chapter picks up where the last chapter left off. It is very original.

I had a great time reading The Ghost and the Goth and I am looking forward to Queen of the Dead, which releases in June.

RATING

5 Loved

COVER COMMENTS

Translucence never looked so good! This is one of my favorite covers ever. Everything about it – the colors, Alona and Will, the font, the translucence. This all equals one very awesome cover.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Goth.