Grammy 1's Reviews > Alone

Alone by Charisma Knight

Mar 09, 2011

Read from March 09 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy

This is the first piece I have gotten to read by Charisma Knight. This short story has shown me the author’s ability to write humor, sensuality and angst in this delightful Novella.

Darcelle Campbell is the product of a terrible childhood. Her father left, and the feeling of desertion has remained with her ever since. We find in life, there are some people who never get past hurtful events in their early years, and they carry these scars into adulthood. Darcelle cannot commit. She has been in and out of a relationship with one man since she was a teenager. Every time he gets too close to her heart, she shuts him out frustrating them both. The relationship with Harley is destroying them both, but the one with her family has become almost extinct.

Harley is beautiful inside and out. He is tall, blonde, rugged and so handsome, yet loving and patient and compassionate. But how long can his love last being rejected day after day, year after year?

Enter Jack, our everyday fun loving Guardian Angel. The scene with him up in heaven with his “Bro” the Archangel Michael was the light heartedness in the story. After discussing with Jack his need to act quickly on Darcelle’s behalf to save her from herself and to also gain his wings. Michael finally loses his temper with Jack and pushes him hard making Jack lose his footing and spirals down to earth landing in a Mall parking lot said much for the authors’ sense of humor.

This story is poignant, and brings the reader to feel the hurt Darcelle has suffered. Is it too late for her to make a change? Ms Knight is a bright new light in my TBR pile…I am anxious for others to ‘find’ her as well.

Review by
Gloria Lakritz Senior Reviewer and Chairperson
Paranormal Romance Guild

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alone.