Mayra's Reviews > Ready or Not

Ready or Not by Meg Cabot

1967563
Mar 09, 2011

Read in March, 2011

I don't understand all the bad reviews about this book. Most justifies the one star they grant it by the "wrong" sexual topics for teens the book contains.
Well, what a bunch of prudes.
I was really scared about this book when I started reading it because of these said reviews. And I'm not going to lie that I was a bit surprised by the open, blunt sexual content I found right from the beginning. But it was not "wrong", or too explicit for teens. It was all right.
And furthermore, most of the other bad reviews about this book were structured around the fact that sex DOES change a relationship, mostly for the worse. Which is what the book denies.
I'm not going to say that I'm apt to disagree or agree here, since I have never been in a serious, long relationship (Yes, I, too, do not know what is wrong with me), but, in my opinion, the book was real fun. And I had some good laughs.
The only sad point I am left to comment here is that in this particular book (the first one for me, as I have a shelf in my room totally devoted to Meg Cabot) she has this habit of bad-mouthing celebrities, which I did not think was so nice. I mean, what's the poit? What did John Mayer, Brittany Murphy and Britney Spears ever do to her? I'll bet she particularly regretted the Brittany Murphy remarks some years later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ready or Not.

03/15/2011 page 1
0.0% "Okay, I'm afraid about this book. Pretty much 80% of the reviews granted it only one star because of its "wrong" sexual content for teens. But I love Meg Cabot so much... Let's see."
03/16/2011 page 36
14.0% "Really, it does, in fact, puzzle me how ALL guys are sickly fixated on girls chests. What's up with that?"
03/16/2011 page 55
21.0% "Wow, this book is pretty steamy for Meg Cabot. Pretty steamy."
03/16/2011 page 60
23.0% "Come on, Meg, what's all this about nobody noticing if John Mayer died? What did he ever do to you?"
03/16/2011 page 99
39.0% "No, no, Meg, Kill Bill sucks."
08/14/2016 marked as: read