Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔'s Reviews > Defy the Stars

Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray

bookshelves: otps-feels, space, sci-fi

“Where there’s no free will, there’s no sin.”

This book is truly a wonderful piece of work. It makes one truly reflect on what it means to be human, to exist. It brings to the forefront the value of life, friendship, family and love. And it makes us question the rather backward notion that some lives are more worth saving.

“We are this world. Its next generation. If you’re not trying to save us, then what exactly are you trying to save?”

Because it is such a common notion in the world of politics. People, high and mighty, who think themselves just and wise, make life-changing decisions that affect an entire society. They pass judgment on people without truly seeing things from the other's point of view. I think that is one of the things I loved about this book. It just felt so relevant to the struggles we currently face in the world. Only the names of the players have changed.

*Detailed Review to Come*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defy the Stars.

January 30, 2016 – Shelved
January 30, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
April 24, 2017 – Started Reading
page 80
15.9% "I'm really liking this so far!"
page 133
26.44% "Ah the age old dilemma of war...of "good" vs "bad""
page 219
43.54% "I'm honestly so happy to have picked up this book. I was really worried about falling into another reading slump. But Noemi and Abel have rescued me from that! ;D"
page 263
52.29% "Honestly, I've always found the idea of AI so fascinating. It really pushes the boundaries of what we define as consciousness."
April 25, 2017 –
page 298
59.24% "I seriously love Abel <3"
April 25, 2017 –
page 384
76.34% "When your OTP gets separated :'("
April 26, 2017 –
page 416
82.7% "Omg I think my previous suspicions about Mansfield might be right >.<"
April 26, 2017 – Finished Reading