Jen's Reviews > Initiation

Initiation by Rebecca Royce

Mar 09, 2011

bookshelves: 4-lll-reviews, young-adult, my-favorites, x-read-in-2011

OMIGosh! I would give this book 5 more stars if I could! WOW!
This is by far on my list of top 5 favorite Werewolf books - Right up there with Alpha Omega by Patricia Briggs and The Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent - But this one is categorized with the young adult books with Raised by Wolves -

I LOVE this story!!!
46 years ago - the world ended. Everyone that survived the attacks of the Werewolves and Vampires moved to an underground world -

Rachel had to grow up at an early age - he mother died when she was an infant - and her father mourned his loss with a bottle of alcohol every day - and passed out drunk every night. He use to be the best warrior around, and he gave it all up.

Since Both of Rachel's parents were of the best warriors - Rachel tested positive for the warrior gene. When she turned 16 - she was sent above to the unknown to test her skills.

Only she had to do it alone - she was scared, and when she was confronted by a vampire - she forgot all of her training skills she had been prepared for and talked to it.

Then out of nowhere - 3 Werewolves jumped over her and attacked the Vampire - Rachel was terrified, and once she got her legs to move, she did. With the scars of those deep blue eyes embroidered into her mind.

Later - when she reached her destination, she found all the humans had died. That's where she met Jason, and those blue familiar eyes.

I really loved this story - I wish the ending was a little different - but in a way it worked out really well for Rachel. She experienced so much during the first few weeks of her 16th year. Her emotions were very real. She had given a lot of thought before her actions, and she really tried to see both sides to everything.

I cannot wait for Driven – the next Warrior book to come out

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Initiation.

March 9, 2011 – Shelved
March 21, 2011 – Shelved as: 4-lll-reviews
March 25, 2011 – Started Reading
March 25, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult
March 25, 2011 –
page 45
21.33% ""Tears threatened to spill from my eyes, and I pushed them away. There was too much at stake right now for me to get weepy." That's ok Rachelle - I've been crying enough for the both of us - Great book so far!"
March 25, 2011 –
page 180
85.31% "This is the 3rd best Warewolf book I've ever read! (hope the ending lives up to it)"
March 25, 2011 – Shelved as: my-favorites