Moxie Mezcal's Reviews > Thirteen Shadows Waiting For Sunrise

Thirteen Shadows Waiting For Sunrise by Dan Holloway

2791944
Mar 08, 2011

This is DIY done right, the Year Zero Writers consistently produces the most consistently groundbreaking and challenging independent fiction out there, and then markets it a relentlessly, drawing on each member's talents and resources. This is the kind of stuff most mainstream publishers have neither the desire to create nor the know-how to market.

As varied and divergent as the individual offerings are, they are organized around a single unifying concept: pain. And make no mistake about it, this is not light, feel-good reading for a lazy afternoon. Nor, at the same time, is it hollow, superficial emo posturing. These pieces represent challenging, multi-layered explorations of those dark corners of the mind where our fears, our insecurities, our guilt, and our prejudices hide. They force us to stare down those aspects of the human condition we'd rather not think about, to dwell on them, let them linger in our thoughts. Because ultimately, if we do not own up to our demons, then we let our demons own us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen Shadows Waiting For Sunrise.