Karen Mc 's Reviews > Bait & Switch

Bait & Switch by Kendall Ryan

Hook, line, and sinker! Achingly addictive, Bait and Switch by the amazing Kendall Ryan is a sexy and suspenseful story about unexpected love against the odds. A delicious tale where dark meets light, Bait and Switch baited and snared me from the very first page.

Former NAVY Seal Nolan Maxwell doesn’t do relationships except the no-strings kind that may involve rope. Dark hair, blue eyes, tall, well built, intense, and dominant, Nolan is the ultimate alpha. Sex on legs. With a live-in lover who has a thirst for dark and dirty sex, Daniella, Nolan’s physical needs are sated and his emotions can remain safely sealed.

“With no interest in messy entanglements that could lead to commitment, I ensured my world didn’t involve heartache. I lived in the moment, and right now, my mission was to enjoy life without getting tied down. Screw whatever women caught my eye.”

His job is perfect, he has a bevy of beauties at his call with one right at home. A bachelor’s paradise. Nolan was living the dream. Life was perfect.

Until his idea of perfection changes and his life is uprooted by the beautiful dark haired, blue eyed, curvy, and mysterious Lacey Barton at a bar one night. Their chemistry: electric. Their encounter: magical. The emotions…wait…emotions?!? Yes, the ease of conversation and how easy it feels for Nolan to be talking to a woman where she is holding his interest beyond the bedroom throws this player off of his game.

“It seemed she liked what she say---and not just the outside package, like most women. She admired me, my work. It felt…nice.”

My first thought of Nolan: two-timing jerk. Manwhore. User. He is a total dog-douche and will sleep with both women, making me want to punch my e-reader.

Shocker. Nolan, refreshingly, is interested in Lacey beyond sex. Woah…wait?!?

Lacey has flown to Texas to escape a turbulent past. A fresh start. A new identity. Nolan is a beautiful bonus and she sees the good in him.

“Not only was he a tough, kick-ass ex-SEAL, but he was kind, generous, and warmhearted. The combination was enough to kick-start my libido and dampen my panties without even adding in his rugged good looks.”

Nolan wants to get to know Lacey before sleeping with her. Date her. Old-fashioned courting. With a budding relationship that feels real, Nolan is in foreign territory. The connection is just not buzzing around his man-parts but his heart.

“She was so beautiful when she looked at me softly like that. Her eyes told me all the things she didn’t say…Even though I admitted my wicked ways to her, she say past my sinful nature---and she still wanted me. It was a good feeling. Being accepted for who I was, not forced into some mold of who she wanted me to be.”

Lacey is smitten with Nolan as he is her. She sees past the sex god. Lacey sees the man both inside and out. He is her protector. Her lover. Her more.

Just as the relationship blossoms, a storm of darkness from Lacey’s past threatens to end it all.

“Nolan thinks we met by chance. We didn’t. I sought him out, seduced him, and in return got the sanctuary I needed to survive...When he finds out who I am, it’s going to ruin any chance I ever had with him anyway.”

Bait and Switch is a must-read romance that’s intense, intoxicating, and insanely good. Raw and riveting, this book will bait you in, switch a love triangle on its side where you will be pleasantly surprised and love the two-woman alpha, and leave you wanting more. I definitely wanted more and wish this story was a bit longer as Lacey and Nolan still have unfinished business.

Four swoony, suspenseful, and strong stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bait & Switch.

January 29, 2016 – Shelved
January 30, 2016 – Started Reading
January 31, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Kristina (new) - added it

Kristina Hi there, would you be able to confirm if he is sleeping with the h and the other woman at the same time? Because that is a deal breaker for me. I ask because you say he starts slow with dating the h, wanting to woo her, so I'm assuming he's not sleeping around on her while trying to court her the old fashioned way.

Karen Mc Kristina wrote: "Hi there, would you be able to confirm if he is sleeping with the h and the other woman at the same time? Because that is a deal breaker for me. I ask because you say he starts slow with dating the..."

No, he is not. :-)

message 3: by Kristina (new) - added it

Kristina Hmmm I ended up reading this & there was definitely an overlap with him & the other woman & him & the H. Not the right story for me. This had the dealbreaker situation for me.