♥ Rebecca ♥'s Reviews > Stars Above

Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, sci-fi, romance, extras, library-regional, reviewed
Read 2 times

This was a bit better than I expected but still not amazing or anything. I hadn't read any of these short stories before, not even the ones that were released long ago. I am not the biggest fan of this series so I never bothered to read them. But I figured now that they are all released in a convenient anthology I might as well read them. I don't think I can rate all the stories individually. I cant really think to rank them either. So what I am going to do is clump them.

Glitches and After Sunshine Passes By were my least favourite. They were totally pointless. Little glimpses into the characters past but they didn't tell us anything new.

The Keeper and The Princess and the Guard were a little interesting but still didn't really contribute anything new.

The Queen’s Army and Carswell’s Guide to Being Lucky were pretty good. I found the story of Wolfe becoming an Alpha interesting, which really surprises me because I never really cared for him. Thorne on the other hand is probably my third favourite character after Cinder and Kai, so I am not surprised that this story of a teenage Thorne was pretty cute.

The Little Android, The Mechanic, and Something Old, Something New were my favourite stories. The Little Android was extremely romantic. Unrequited love can still be true. *tear* I loved The Mechanic since Kai and Cinder are the best couple and the reason I kept coming back to this series. So their first meeting from Kai's POV is pretty much the most perfect thing for me. And Something Old, Something New had everything we were missing in Winter. I felt that Winter was a bit incomplete since we dont see a lot of what happens after. But this was set 2 years later so we find out what happened on Luna, and that all the couples are still together, and of course we get confirmation of Kai and Cinder's HEA. I am so glad it was from Cinder's POV instead of Scarlet since Scarlet is my very least favourite character. And although the story was about her and Wolfe, all the characters were back and Cinder and Kai made me love it. When I heard that there was a wedding at the end of Stars Above, for some reason I assumed it was Winter and Jacin. *shrug*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars Above.

Quotes ♥ Rebecca ♥ Liked

Marissa Meyer
“His lips twitched, but didn't quite become a smile. "I love you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I want to marry you, and yes, I want you to be my empress."
Cinder gaped at him for a long moment before she whispered, "That's a lot of wanting."
"You have no idea."
She lowered her lashes. "I might have some idea.”
Marissa Meyer, Stars Above

April 15, 2016 –
page 257
April 15, 2016 –
page 315
78.75% "I loved The Little Android."
Finished Reading