Stabbing's Reviews > Roche Limit, Vol. 2: Clandestiny

Roche Limit, Vol. 2 by Michael Moreci

19735670

liked it
bookshelves: image-comics, netgalley, review-copy

Ok, so this is a sci-fi series about a military and science expedition out to this world where 75 years ago they had tried to start a colony and it somehow ended in flames. The small crew believes that they are the third expedition to the planet but they quickly find out that they are in fact the thirteenth. So... what happened to all those other crews? Something on the planet is starting to mess with their minds.

I really liked this a lot and found it interesting but there was never a point in the story where I was totally pulled into it. I also liked the art but didn't fall in love with it. Really, it was pretty decent altogether -- wish I could think of something better to say than I simply like it; but there it is. I liked it.

I have not actually read the first volume of this series but my understanding is that it doesn't really involve the same set of people. I'm pretty curious now if it actually details the events of the failed colony or not. This whole volume is pretty mysterious in some respects. It flows well but there are a ton of unanswered questions and a cliffhanger ending to boot. Looks like we'll be waiting a little while to find out what happens next, the story continues in March 2016.

Extended Review with Pictures:

I obtained a copy of this book through NetGalley's Read It Now program in exchange for feedback and a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roche Limit, Vol. 2.

January 29, 2016 – Started Reading