Kate~Bibliophile Book Club's Reviews > The Defence

The Defence by Steve Cavanagh

Wow!!!! I'm on a roll with great books this year and The Defence is another one that's blown me away!!!

I love manly books. You know, the kinds of books that are full of action, conspiracies, violence and so on (Jack Reacher and the like basically)! The Defence was definitely up there as regards a thrill-a-minute read!

I start books at night when I go to bed as it's the longest uninterrupted reading time for me so I know when I get to some 30-odd percent that I'm well hooked by a book. I went to sleep thinking 'I can't wait to pick this up again tomorrow!' which is definitely a good sign.

The Defence is character-driven and I found myself instantly rooting for Eddie and this didn't waver at any stage throughout the book.

Flynn is a brilliant character. Intelligent and cocky, but full of the street smarts needed when his daughter is kidnapped by the Russian Mafia. I really enjoyed the parts in the book when Flynn is in the courtroom, as his presence is commanding enough to jump off the page.

I loved this book and as usual I'm struggling to get my thoughts out of my brain and into this review!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Defence.

January 29, 2016 – Shelved
January 29, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 1, 2016 – Started Reading
February 1, 2016 –
February 2, 2016 –
39.0% "Brilliant so far!"
February 2, 2016 –
February 3, 2016 –
February 3, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Claire Sounds ace!! Will be hunting that out !

Kate~Bibliophile Book Club It's fantastic Claire!!!

message 3: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Curtis This is my next book. Keep meaning to read it but others seem to pop up to read lol

Kate~Bibliophile Book Club I know that feeling! It's a brilliant book! Well worth reading ASAP!

message 5: by Cecilia (new) - added it

Cecilia Excellent so far! I can't put it down. Kate, great review & glad it wasn't a "spoiler!" You are spot on!

Kate~Bibliophile Book Club Cecilia wrote: "Excellent so far! I can't put it down. Kate, great review & glad it wasn't a "spoiler!" You are spot on!"

Thanks Cecilia! So glad you're enjoying it!

message 7: by Bedi (new) - added it

Bedi Worlanyo I hope it blows me away too. I have been postponing reading it until now. Thanks for the review.

MarytheBookLover Awesome! I love when that happens!

Donna Great read, hard to put down. Highly recommend